Job title: County Caseworker 1 (Local Government) – Wayne County MH/ID
Company: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Expected salary: $33267 per year
Location: Wayne County, PA
County Caseworker 1 (Local Government) – Wayne County MH/ID Job Details:
Do you enjoy helping others and making an impact in someone’s life? The Blended Caseworker plans and coordinates the overall management of individuals and families on their caseload, utilizing recovery and trauma-informed principles. Join us for an excellent benefit package with generous paid time off!
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The Blended Case Manager (BCM) will promote resiliency and recovery for children, adolescents, and their families by accessing, coordination, mentoring, and advocating for community resources and services. This employee will obtain information relative to initial intake to facilitate consumers’ enrollment in the Behavioral Health Blended Case Management Program. When needed, the BCM will coordinate services with an ID Supports Coordinator. The BCM will utilize an Environmental Matrix to determine consumers’ level of service need (ICM vs. RC) on an ongoing basis. The BCM also facilitates consumers’ Recovery/Resiliency while incorporating Behavioral Health principles of Everyday Lives.
Blended case managers will receive specialized training to better assist their consumers who have been dually diagnosed with mental illness as well as Intellectual Disabilities and/or autism spectrum disorders. These employees are responsible for case management services, including maintaining close contact with consumer families and service providers in order to evaluate and document treatment being provided and progress in meeting identified goals of treatment. BCMs provide 24 hour / 7 day coverage on a rotating basis. They may serve as a lead worker for professional staff and student interns.
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
- Full-time employment.
- Work hours are 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday, with a 1-hour lunch.
- Occasional overnight and out of county travel.
- THIS FULL-TIME POSITION IS ELIGIBLE FOR A $500 SIGN-ON BONUS.
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
- Two years of experience as a County Social Services Aide 3 and two years of college level course work which includes 12 college credits in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, or other related social sciences; or
- A bachelor’s degree which includes or is supplemented by successful completion of 12 college credits in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, or other related social sciences; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which includes 12 college credits in sociology, social welfare, psychology, gerontology, criminal justice, or other related social sciences and one year of experience as a County Social Services Aide 3 or in a similar position performing paraprofessional case management functions.
- Applicants will be considered to have met the educational requirements once they are within two months of graduating with a qualifying degree/credits.
is currently waived for this title. * Hiring preference for this vacancy will be given to candidates who live within Lackawanna, Monroe, Pike, Susquehanna, or Wayne counties. If no eligible candidates who live within these counties apply for this position, candidates who reside in other counties may be considered.
- You must be able to perform essential job functions.
- A conditional offer of employment will require a drug screening.
- You must pass a background investigation.
- This position falls under the provisions of the Child Protective Services Law.
- Under the Law, a conditional offer of employment will require submission and approval of satisfactory criminal history reports including, but not limited to, PA State Police clearance, PA Child Abuse history clearance, and FBI Fingerprint clearance.
How to Apply:
- Resumes, cover letters, and similar documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Your application must be submitted by the posting closing date. Late applications and other required materials will not be accepted.
- Failure to comply with the above application requirements may eliminate you from consideration for this position.
- Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to
and click the Veterans’ Preference tab or contact us at . Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS):
- 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodations due to a disability, please discuss your request for accommodations with the interviewer in advance of your interview date.
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
- You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.
Benefit packages are determined by the county and may vary. Please contact the applicable county human resource office directly to inquire about a specific benefit package.
Apply for the job now!