Job title: Customer Service Representative – Scale Operator
Location: Thunder Bay, ON
Customer Service Representative – Scale Operator Job Details:
At EVRAZ, our strength starts with our people! As a team we collaborate to solve problems, contribute ideas and challenge each other to ensure growth and ultimately success for the business and our employees.
Job Summary and Responsibilities
EVRAZ North America is looking for an enthusiastic individual who excels in providing customer service to join our team in Thunder Bay, Ontario. If you are someone who is willing to learn and can provide great customer service, this position is for you! The ideal candidate will enjoy a fast-paced work environment, have a friendly demeanor, and be customer and safety focused. No day is the same at EVRAZ North America and the skills you learn here cannot be learned anywhere else. What are you waiting for? Apply today!
EVRAZ is committed to maintaining and promoting a safe, healthy and injury-free environment. It is required for all jobs.
- Operate a truck scale to weigh materials brought in
- Direct customers/drivers to appropriate locations for unloading or loading
- Operate a rail scale to weigh railcars in and out of the yard, create applicable shipping documents
- Prepare accurate loading documents for outbound trailer loads
- Work with the yard inspector and operators to minimize yard congestion and ensure a smooth traffic flow
- Use hand-held mobile radio devices to effectively coordinate tasks and resources between the yard and scale
- Maintain an organized scale house and ensure all paperwork is up to date and is filed properly
- Field phone calls, provide pricing and assistance to customers, direct phone calls to the applicable party
- Cut scale commodity cheques, review for accuracy and seek required approvals
- Open and sort mail
- Review invoices and statements, code payables accordingly and input into the system
- Maintain office records, file all paperwork as needed, ensure filing systems and tracking spreadsheets are maintained and up date
- Maintain office equipment, keep required materials stocked
- Arrange for couriers and trucks for various miscellaneous pickups & deliveries
- Pay out suppliers according to their payment terms, envelope cheques
- Enter and dispatch bin calls to drivers, assist with planning routes and priority pick ups
- Send daily amendments to customs
- Performs other duties as they might be assigned
- Must have High school diploma or GED
- 1-2 years of experience working in a fast-paced office setting
- Must have reliable transportation as we are not located near a bus route
- Basic math skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Windows, Outlook and Excel
- Strong communication and organizational skills; ability to interact productively with supervisors, fellow peers, and customers
- Ability to multitask, react to changing conditions and function well under the pressure of deadlines
- Excellent customer service, committed to making sure that all purchases are handled professionally and expeditiously
Our total compensation package includes amazing benefits!
- Competitive wages and bonus opportunities
- Family medical, dental, and prescription coverage at minimal employee cost
- Short and long term disability programs
- Competitive retirement plans
- Paid vacations and statutory holidays
- Apprenticeship and career advancement within the company
- Tuition reimbursement
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.
While we thank all those who apply, only those being actively considered for employment will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EVRAZ North America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
EVRAZ North America is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [email protected] or call: (312) 533-3577. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Join a team that manufactures excellence, drives success and builds careers!
Apply for the job now!