Job title: Cut Fruit Clerk
Location: West Hollywood, CA
Cut Fruit Clerk Job Details:
Minimum Pay Range:
Maximum Pay Range:
Create outstanding customer experiences through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe, clean and fresh environment that encourages our customers to return. Help achieve sales and profit goals established for the department. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the Company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions and recommending products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Perform all duties to company standard in regards to cutting and packaging produce items, stocking, CAO and Key Retailing.
- Prepare fruit and vegetable platters/trays.
- Offer product samples.
- Inform customers of produce specials.
- Review/inspect products for quality and freshness and take appropriate action with those items.
- Recommend produce items to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Regularly lift up to 30 pounds.
- Keep current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Help to control expenses for the department.
- Maintain an awareness of inventory/stocking conditions; note any discrepancies in inventory.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Report all safety risks, issues, customer or employee accidents and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- 18 years of age
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, and subtraction)
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Current food handlers permit (where applicable) once employed
Desired Previous Job Experience
- Produce experience
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Evening; Day; Overnight
Jobs at Ralphs: At Ralphs, our people make us who we are. They are more than just our associates, they’re part of the communities we serve. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities in every area of our operation. Whether you want to create a fast, fun and friendly shopping experience for customers in our stores or you want to be part of our innovative corporate team at our headquarters in Los Angeles, Ralphs is always looking for outstanding associates. Our associates enjoy competitive pay and excellent benefits, along with a positive work environment built on mutual respect and professionalism. If you are interested in building and advancing your career with Ralphs, we invite you to complete an online application today.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CA || West Hollywood || 1233 N La Brea Ave || 90038 || Ralphs || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Store Operations || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None
Apply for the job now!