Farm Job Near me Anywhere in the U.S: Applications For the Farm Job as Agricultural Economist will be accepted by any U.S. citizen. Direct Hire Authority will be used to fill this position. Veteran’s Preferences and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to this vacancy.
Job Position: Agricultural Economist
Location: Anywhere in the U.S Remote
Employment type: Full Time
Salary: $79,363 – $122,683 per year
Closing dates: 09/29/2023
Farm Job Near me Duties:
- Responsibilities vary according to the mission of the incumbent’s department. Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- apply economic, econometric, and statistical principles and concepts to conduct high-quality research and analysis; improve data quality and increase the analytical usefulness of data;
- provide advice and guidance to Agency and external colleagues to Ensure that sound economic principles are applied and use sound quantitative and research methods;
- act as a technical expert on research and program development activities within the Agency, in collaboration with other agencies and research organizations;
- conduct research on theoretical and empirical issues relevant to the Agency’s programs, including Research often involving surveys and experiments in undeveloped areas using state-of-the-art technology;
- communicating difficult concepts and findings orally and in writing to officials responsible for public order.
- You must be a US Citizen or a US National to apply.
- Males born after December 31, 1959, must be registered or excused from Selective Service.
- Subject to the outcome of a background inquiry and/or fingerprint check.
- Unless previously served, successful completion of the one-year probationary period.
- Direct Deposit – In accordance with Public Law 104-134 All federal employees must have government payments deposited directly into their bank accounts.
- Pass the E-Verify job verification check with flying colors. Visit https://www.e-verify.gov/ to learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and obligations.
Farm Job Near Me Qualifications:
- This is an open continuous announcement and will be used to fill vacancies as openings occur.
- To receive consideration for vacancies, applicants must submit complete applications prior to the established cut-off date(s). An initial cut-off will take place Wednesday, November 16, 2022 to begin initial applicant consideration. Additional cut-off dates will occur Wednesday, December 7, 2022; Wednesday, December 28, 2022; Tuesday, January 10, 2023; Tuesday, January 24, 2023; Tuesday, February 14, 2023; Tuesday, March 7, 2023; Tuesday, March 28, 2023; Tuesday, April 18, 2023; Tuesday, May 9, 2023; Tuesday, May 30, 2023; Tuesday, June 20, 2023; Tuesday, July 11, 2023; Tuesday, August 1, 2023; Tuesday, August 22, 2023; Tuesday, September 12, 2023; and Friday, September 29, 2023.
- Candidates for the position who submit a completed application by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the cut-off dates will be reviewed and referred if found eligible and qualified. This announcement will remain open until the closing date indicated; however, those who apply after the cut-off date will be considered for referral to the hiring manager only if additional vacancies occur and/or the initial referral list is exhausted.
- Applicants must recertify (i.e. update/resubmit their application through USAJobs) every 3 months from the date of application/certification to continue to receive consideration for the position(s). Applicants who fail to do so will not be reviewed and referred and be dropped from consideration.
How to Apply?
Please read the entire announcement and all instructions before you begin. You must complete this application process and submit all required documents electronically by 11:59p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the closing date of this announcement. Applying online is highly encouraged. If applying online poses a hardship, contact the Agency Contact listed below for an alternate method.
Email: [email protected]
Economic Research Service
355 E. Street, SW
Washington, DC 20024