Job title: Human Resources (HR) & Labour Relations (LR) Business Partner
Company: The Universal Group
Location: Langley City, BC
Human Resources (HR) & Labour Relations (LR) Business Partner Job Details:
Are you an inspirational Human Resources Professional who is passionate about business partnership with an excellent track record developing creative people programs and solutions? Are you driven about providing Peace of Mind to your client group? Are you looking to be a part of a growing team and company?
The Universal Group has an exciting opportunity for an HR/LR Business Partner to join our Human Resources team. We deliver on our purpose through our core values of being passionate, driven, and authentic.
The Universal Group is a full-service Traffic Control company driven by our purpose to provide Peace of Mind to both our clients and team members. Our people embrace our core values of being ‘Passionate, Authentic, and Driven’ in everything we do and in every decision we make, every day. They are the fabric of who we are and without question the reason for our success and continued growth. The safety of our team members, and the public, is what drives us every day. As the largest traffic control supplier in Canada, we are the industry leaders in Traffic Control Personnel, Traffic Management Planning, Traffic Equipment Rentals & Supplies, and Occupational Health & Safety Training.
Who You Are
As the HR & LR Business Partner, you are responsible for delivering HR and LR services in alignment with the organization’s strategic goals, and facilitating implementation of HR and LR programs. Reporting to the Manager, HR/LR Business Partners, this role involves collaborating with management leadership and other departments to enhance people initiatives and policies that support the achievement of business results.
What you will do:
Human Resources Partnership
- Provides subject matter expertise across the full suite of Human Resources and Labour Relations services
- Serve as a practical advisor to frontline management and leadership on HR and LR matters
- Provide guidance on HR policies, procedures, and people best practices
- Collaborate with management in delivering HR programs that align with and assist with the achievement of business objectives
- Partner with internal clients to facilitate the integration of talent programs into strategic business plans
- Continuous exploration for value-add opportunities as well as risk mitigation
- Generate and use BI to inform decision-making and identify opportunities for improvement
- Execute talent management strategies to support retention and employee experience
- Delivery of Talent programs including Continuing Education and leadership development
- Provide guidance and support to managers and employees on performance management, employee relations, and compliance with HR policies and legislation
- Assist with compensation and benefits strategies that attract and retain top talent
- Oversee the implementation of employee engagement initiatives that foster and promote employee satisfaction
- Ensure compliance with all HR-related legal and regulatory requirements
Labour Relations Partnership
- Facilitate the labour relations function including but not limited to:
- Employee complaints
- Investigations of workplace incidents
- Progressive discipline
- Grievance handling
- Collective agreement application and interpretation
- Provide support and advice in areas of performance and behavioural management
- Manage and enhance relationships with union representatives and stewards
- Assist with research and preparation for collective bargaining
- Assist with the preparation of responses for arbitration and human rights claims
Perks & Benefits
- A large, growing company with room for promotion
- Extended healthcare benefits available after probation
- An RRSP matching plan
- Competitive compensation package
- Hybrid office: regular work-from-home days
- Minimum 5 years experience in an HR/LR advisory or BP role with a track record of progressing scope of responsibility
- Experience in unionized environments would be considered an asset
- Evident leadership and persuasion skills
- High standard of customer service orientation
- Expert understanding of employment regulations and legislation
- Solid knowledge of employment, labour, and privacy laws
- Proven abilities with office productivity software and HRIS systems (e.g. BambooHR/UKG)
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Intuitive EQ with excellent communication both written and verbal
- Solid problem-solving skills
- High level of confidentiality and sensitivity
- Demonstrated tactfulness and diplomacy as required
Why Universal Group?
The Universal Group is rapidly growing as we are expanding our business across other Canadian provinces, this is an exciting opportunity to be a part of our growth. Our company is driven by an entrepreneurial spirit and you will be able to own your role. As an integral part of the Human Resources Team at The Universal Group, you will receive a competitive base salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package, and opportunities for further education and development.
The Universal Group is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic.
If you are this HR/LR Business Partner Professional: apply today, we can’t wait to hear from you. Come grow with us!