Job title: Initial Researcher
Company: CoStar Group
Location: Toronto, ON
Initial Researcher Job Details:
CoStar Group (NASDAQ: CSGP) is a leading global provider of commercial and residential real estate information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Included in the S&P 500 Index and the NASDAQ 100, CoStar Group is on a mission to digitize the world’s real estate, empowering all people to discover properties, insights and connections that improve their businesses and lives.
We have been living and breathing the world of real estate information and online marketplaces for over 35 years, giving us the perspective to create truly unique and valuable offerings to our customers. We’ve continually refined, transformed and perfected our approach to our business, creating a language that has become standard in our industry, for our customers, and even our competitors. We continue that effort today and are always working to improve and drive innovation. This is how we deliver for our customers, our employees, and investors. By equipping the brightest minds with the best resources available, we provide an invaluable edge in real estate.
CoStar is the global leader in commercial real estate information, analytics and news. Commercial Real Estate industry professionals around the globe use CoStar to access the most comprehensive data to make decisions with confidence. CoStar delivers immediate, verified commercial real estate information on over 5.9 million properties across every market.
Learn more about .
CoStar delivers real-time, verified commercial real estate data that helps clients confidently spot great opportunities and make smart choices ahead of competitors. By combining the power of CoStar’s independent research organization – the industry’s largest – with global data delivery, software, and application solutions, clients can act on opportunities with confidence.
The Portfolio Research team is the heart of CoStar, capturing market-critical information that enables our commercial real estate clients to make informed, high impact business decisions daily. CoStar Group’s research contributes to the most important segment of our economy, helping businesses open offices, retail stores, warehouses, and manufacturing facilities. CoStar Group is seeking a Initial Researcher to join our growing research organization.
As a Initial Researcher, you will build relationships with key decision makers representing various commercial real estate spaces available for sale and/or for lease. Through these interviews, you will curate their listings, ensuring they are getting the most visibility on our platform. In addition, you will capture market-critical information that enables our clients to make informed high impact business decisions.
- Verifying source data for accuracy
- Research and data collection from a variety of resources
- Monitoring and collecting required documents and items such as land titles, loan, and affidavits
- Obtain and entering information regarding multiple commercial real estate transactions from a variety of county, state, and vendor records into designated database
- Supporting information requests from Market Teams and providing administrative support to the overall research effort
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1+ year experience in high volume data entry
- 6+ months experience analyzing large data sets
- Microsoft Excel 2016 experience is required
- Flexibility to work shifts aligned with EST, CST, MST, or PST time zones
- Research experience that includes gathering data from a variety of sources such as public records, land titles, loans, and affidavits
- Experience researching and processing large amounts of detailed information
- Familiarity with municipality zoning applications
- Experience with SQL
- Experience and demonstrated proficiency with Excel that includes the ability to manipulate data, filter, and develop basic formulas.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities, changing priorities and excel in a fast-paced environment
- Be goal-oriented, competitive and motivated by success
What’s in it for you?
When you join CoStar Group, you’ll experience a collaborative and innovative culture working alongside the best and brightest to empower our people and customers to succeed.
We offer you generous compensation and performance-based incentives. CoStar Group also invests in your professional and academic growth with internal training, tuition reimbursement, and an inter-office exchange program.
Our benefits package includes (but is not limited to):
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in the United States to apply. However, please note that CoStar Group is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Comprehensive healthcare coverage: Medical / Vision / Dental / Prescription Drug
Life, legal, and supplementary insurance
Commuter and parking benefits
Registered Retirement Savings Plan
Paid time off
Discounted fitness center membership costs (location dependent), and group exercise classes.
Complimentary gourmet coffee, tea, hot chocolate, fresh fruit, and other healthy snacks
Be part of a team of professionals enjoying the opportunity to learn, do, and grow in a rewarding atmosphere. But don’t just take our word for it — see why our team chose to work at and stay at CoStar Group:
We welcome all qualified candidates who are currently eligible to work full-time in Canada to apply. However, please note that CoStar is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Apply for the job now!