Job title: Line Cook, Full-time
Company: Compass Group
Expected salary: $22 per hour
Line Cook, Full-time Job Details:
You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Spinnakers on Fly is a thriving restaurant at Victoria Airport. We are very proud to serve fresh, local, “farm to table” foods. We are looking for awesome line cooks with positive energy to join our fantastic team. Previous experience is very helpful. We are willing to train the right candidates!
Start Date: ASAP
Status: Full Time
Schedule: Flexible Shifts. Days, evenings and weekends.
Location: 123-1640 Electra Blvd, Victoria Airport
Important Information: Cooking experience an asset.
- Paid parking, free meals and awesome WorkPerks!
- Union benefits (Dental/medical if working more than 25 hrs/week)
As a Line Cook, you will:
- Prepare high-quality food items according to standardized recipes and instructions to meet production, delivery, and service schedules
- Complete line stocking and prepping as outlined by business needs
- Clean kitchen after preparation and serving, maintaining high standards of cleanliness.
- Ensure all products are dated, properly rotated and waste is recorded as instructed.
- Keep refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat. Ensure food and supply items are stored per standards
- Operate and maintain kitchen equipment as instructed taking guidance from lead hands and management
- Report needed maintenance, faulty equipment, or accidents to the supervisor immediately
- Previous experience with food preparation an asset.
- Food Safe Certification preferred
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Able to work independently and be a team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Must have reliable transportation to the work site
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact for further information.
Apply for the job now!