Job title: Maintenance Mechanic Millwright – Red Seal 433A – Night shift – Brampton
Location: Brampton, ON
Maintenance Mechanic Millwright – Red Seal 433A – Night shift – Brampton Job Details:
Wonderbrands, is a leading North American bakery ( fresh and frozen businesses) with 140 years of experience in baking packaged breads, artisan breads, and donuts. We are one of the largest bakeries in North America and makers of Wonder Bread, Country Harvest, D’Italiano, Gadoua, and Casa Mendosa.
Wonderbrands, a division of FGF Brands, is unlocking an incredible opportunity for growth through a focus on production innovation capabilities, through a leading edge supply chain practice and investing deeply in communities where we bake. We are hiring to build a robust Talent and Development team to support our bakeries and Team Members.
The Millwright is a member of the maintenance team and as such, participates in team efforts to achieve assigned department goals; works closely with other team members to ensure all maintenance activities are completed on time, according to SOPs and regulatory requirements; and provides support to other roles within the maintenance team.
- $36.50 to start for licensed millwright
- Class A / Class B Refrigeration ticket premiums
- $1 Dollar Premium for dual ticket ( electrical license )
- Opportunity for growth and overtime
- Great clean working environment and leadership
- Red Seal / 433A ticket required
- Night Shift
- 12 hour shifts
- 7PM – 7AM
PAY: $36.50 to start, benefits, pension, premiums
- Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Install, troubleshoot and maintain power transmission, vacuum, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, and programmable logic controls
- Inspect and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts
- Operate machine tools such as lathes and mill machines to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set-up of machinery
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment.
- Troubleshooting/repairs/installations of processing equipment with a working knowledge of electrical to allow efficient repair/replacement results
- Extensive mechanical knowledge including power transmission, pneumatics and hydraulics
- Optimize equipment safety, efficiency and reliability, participating in continuous improvement projects and completing work orders according to PM schedules
- Comply with all applicable legislative and Bakery food safety, health and safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Service, clean and perform preventative maintenance and overhaul on all production and bakery equipment
- Continually improve equipment function via design improvements
- Ensure that work area is clean of debris and hazards at all times and check work area for such hazards upon arrival and when departing each area of work
- Work in a safe manner in accordance with legislated and company health and safety standards
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
Skills & Requirements
- Valid Red Seal Millwright License / Provincial Millwright Ticket
- 2-5 years’ industrial mechanical experience, preferably in the food industry.
- Proven track record working with mechanics, machine shop practices (lathe & milling machines), welding (ARC, TIG, MIG), and pneumatic & hydraulic fields is required.
- Problem solving skills and good communication skills are required.
- Night Shifts, must be flexible to work weekends
If you are an experienced industrial mechanic please apply today!
Apply for the job now!