Job title: Network Engineer (Government)
Expected salary: $79300 – 185000 per year
Location: Reston, VA
Network Engineer (Government) Job Details:
AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government. We are dedicated to recruiting, developing, and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
ATIP (Advanced Technology Integration Program) is Task Order under the Helios IDIQ awarded to AT&T in September 2020. AT&T’s ATIP contract provides a team of IT specialists to operate the DIA headquarters ATIP system which serves as the collection point for multiple Special Access Programs (SAPs) developed under Helios. These systems deliver their digital information payloads from across the globe and outer-space to the ATIP platform for processing, integration, correlation and access by Defense Department analysts and decision-makers. The ATIP system is operated by AT&T specialists and selected AT&T Helios Teammates cleared to support the multitude highly sensitive programs.
AT&T has an opening for a Network Engineer to provide managed IT support of ATIP system for high-priority defense intelligence collection needs, develop and field advanced technical collection capabilities and systems.
The job duties of the Network Engineer are as follows:
- Perform network design and engineering support services for the ATIP Program IT architecture. Solve complex Network issues. Engineer, design, implement network solutions including LANs/WANs/Site-to-site, VPNs/Point-to-point/point to multipoint. Serve as network systems engineer overseeing servers, storage and backup systems. Troubleshoot port security issues, VLAN issues and network outages. Control network management activities, data flows and firewall rules.
- Build network topologies to deliver content from specific providers to users
- Answer technical questions; recommend and implement approved course of action.
- Design, implement or maintain networks for LAN and WAN systems
- Provide engineering designs, and plans for installation, integration, testing, upgrade, analysis, and maintenance/expansion of the network environment.
- Prepare network engineering documentation ranging from requirements, conceptual planning, research and development efforts, complete system construction, to customization of existing network configurations and assist in communicating current operational status of networks.
- Assist in investigating, evaluating, and proposing new network systems and upgrades/modifications to existing resources that would increase capabilities, efficiency, reliability, and cost savings. Assist in developing plans for integrating network systems to include implementation schedule, costing, and resource requirements.
- Perform network engineering studies on communication paths for deployed systems. Perform studies to determine requirements for bandwidth, data throughput, security, and reliability.
- Maintain technical manuals and standard operating procedures.
- Develop/implement network communications paths for remote data sources.
TS/SCI with poly (#ts/sci) ) (#polygraph)
- Experience with installation, configuration, and maintenance of Firewalls.
- Current networking certifications
- Understand the operation of network protocols and Firewall packet and proxy filters
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institute in an area applicable to this position and six years of relevant experience. An additional four years of relevant experience may be substituted for the Bachelor’s Degree
- Must presently be 8570 compliant (IAT Level 2 preferred); must be 8570 compliant (IAT Level 2) by date of security indoctrination with any necessary continuing education (CE) for certification
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification
- Experience with multi-level security domains.
- Experience with Installation, configuration, and maintenance of GDIT TACLANE and other crypto devices
- Experience with networks containing Radiant Mercury multi-level security appliances
Ready to join our team? Apply Today!
Our Network Engineer’s earn between $79,300 – $185,000 yearly. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Caregiver Leave
- Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected
- Adoption Reimbursement
- Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
- Extensive employee wellness programs
- Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
Apply for the job now!