Job title: Safety Specialist
Location: Lanigan, SK
Safety Specialist Job Details:
At Nutrien, our purpose is Feeding the Future and we do so with safety, inclusion, integrity and results as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With nearly 25,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers globally.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, act with integrity, and who support inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us raise the expectation of what an agriculture company can be and grow your career.
The Temporary Safety Specialist is part of a team reporting to the Safety Manager.
This position is located in Lanigan, Saskatchewan and is not available for remote work.
What you will do:
The Temporary Safety Specialist is responsible for assisting in the development, implementation, and ongoing follow-up/improvement of all aspects of Lanigan’s safety system. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Support Lanigan’s safety systems as outlined in the standards manual of the Nutrien Lanigan safety system to ensure departmental, divisional, and corporate goals are met and/or surpassed
- Assist the Safety Supervisors and Safety Manager in tracking and following up on all concerns and recommendations brought forward in reports, meetings and investigations to ensure timely remedial action
- Utilize software programs to input data in an accurate and timely manner, while maintaining a high level of confidentiality
- Perform in depth safety data analysis, trending and reporting using all safety data streams
- Calculate team, department, and Lanigan site safety statistics for monthly reports for administration review
- Assist with TapRoot investigations and accident/incident investigations; track accident/incident reports to identify patterns
- Provide training to new employees and supervisors on key safety processes and contractor management
- Provide safety orientation to service providers
- Act as the general resource for safety systems and administration maintenance
- Administer the ETQ reliance module
- Maintain updates for the emergency response manual, Safety Handbook, and service provider documents
What you will bring:
- Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Preference will be given to candidates who have graduated from a recognized business course
- A Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation or relevant degree is an asset
- Knowledge of OH&S Legislation is required
- 4-6 years’ experience in the potash industry with a knowledge of potash operations is an asset
- Outstanding proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, One note, One drive and Powerpoint; ability to learn and use software such as ETQ, EAM, and TapRoot
- A high proficiency in systems maintenance including record keeping, administration, and statistical reporting
- Demonstrate positive safety behavior and safety guidance
- Ability to work safely and effectively in a team environment as well as self-guided
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills are essential
- Willingness to learn and gain adequate knowledge and experience through training
Are you a good match? Apply today!
The estimated salary that Indeed, Glassdoor and LinkedIn suggested does not represent Nutrien’s compensation structure.
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
This job will remain posted until filled. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: , and
GROW WITH US – BUSINESS UNIT
At Nutrien, we never stop growing, because our world never does. Our size can help us weather a storm, but with that ability comes a great responsibility—to our growers and customers, our employees and shareholders, our communities, and the planet.
Not Ready To Apply?
Stay connected by joining our network and we’ll keep you informed about upcoming events and opportunities that match your interests.
Apply for the job now!