Job title: Technician, Instrumentation
Location: Redwater, AB
Technician, Instrumentation Job Details:
Pay Band: WAGE
At Nutrien, our purpose is Feeding the Future and we do so with safety, inclusion, integrity and results as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With nearly 25,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers globally.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, act with integrity, and who support inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us raise the expectation of what an agriculture company can be and grow your career.
What you will do:
- Position, maintain and install measurement and control equipment such as valves, analyzers, control systems, gauges, and transmitters.
- Configure, backup and maintain control and monitoring systems to meet process engineering requirements.
- Install, verify, commission, replace, maintain, and repair instrument systems and related instrument equipment.
- Use pneumatic, electrical, and electronic testing devices to inspect and test instrument and system operation, and diagnose faults.
- Install and maintain instruments on new or existing plant equipment and processes, by interpreting and using appropriate CSA, ISA, and API installation standards and practices.
- Participates in capital project development, design, and installation.
- Maintain and update maintenance records through InTools to ensure ongoing documentation integrity.
- Active participation in team safety meetings, audits, and Job Task Observations (JTO’s) of peers.
What you will bring:
- High School Diploma.
- Journeyman Instrumentation / Interprovincial Ticket.
- 10 years’ experience.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication and team skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of SAP and InTools.
- Ability to troubleshoot instrumention devices utilizing loop sheets, schematics, and P&ID’s.
Are you a good match? Apply today!
The estimated salary that Indeed, Glassdoor and LinkedIn suggested does not represent Nutrien’s compensation structure.
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
This job will remain posted until filled. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: , and
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran
GROW WITH US – BUSINESS UNIT
At Nutrien, we never stop growing, because our world never does. Our size can help us weather a storm, but with that ability comes a great responsibility—to our growers and customers, our employees and shareholders, our communities, and the planet.
Not Ready To Apply?
Stay connected by joining our network and we’ll keep you informed about upcoming events and opportunities that match your interests.
Apply for the job now!