Job title: Transportation, Roads, & Grounds Supervisor
Company: Nasittuq Corporation
Transportation, Roads, & Grounds Supervisor Job Details:
EXPERIENCE CANADA’S NORTH –
A UNIQUE PART OF THE WORLD FEW GET TO SEE!
TRANSPORTATION, ROADS AND GROUNDS SUPERVISOR (TRG Supervisor)
- Be part of dynamic team that is safety driven and values work-life balance.
- We reward hard work through professional training and career opportunities.
- Experience (CFS) Alert, located in the Canadian Arctic.
Where you will be working
CFS Alert is the northernmost permanently inhabited settlement in the world. It is currently a military station located in Nunavut on the north-eastern tip of Ellesmere Island. The area features beautiful landscapes and a unique fauna which thrives all year long. CFS Alert is a true cold gem located in the Canadian Arctic that only a few get to see.
About the role
As a TRG Supervisor, you are a motivated individual capable of adapting to changing priorities while working in a safe and efficient manner.
Reporting to the Contract Site Manager, you will be:
- Overseeing the provision of transportation services for all CFS Alert personnel, including movement of supplies and equipment and recovery and breakdown service
- Overseeing the maintenance of roads and grounds services and Snow and Ice Control for the Airfield and CFS Alert roads and grounds maintenance efforts
- Overseeing the maintenance and service of all dynamic and static systems, building systems, heating an water treatment facilities
- Maintaining, updating and submitting weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual operational plans, reports and deliverables
- Selecting, supervising, training, and evaluating performance of TR&G staff to ensure a high level of productivity and the best use of staff capabilities
What you will bring
- Certification in vehicle or heavy equipment maintenance in accordance with current territorial and provincial regulations with at least 1 year of experience in the field
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
- 5+ years supervisory experience of maintenance personnel for vehicle maintenance, roads and grounds, and heavy equipment
- Must be able to qualify for operator licenses CFS Alert vehicle types
- 10+ years of overall work experience
- Strong work ethic, ability to manage multiple priorities, solid interpersonal, communications and documentation skills
- Must be eligible for RELIABILITY security clearance, and must pass a company pre- employment medical
- As overnighting in Thule Greenland is a frequent requirement, must possess a valid passport
- Ability to work cross-culturally and a strong team player is a must; will need to roll up sleeves and pitch in as and when required.
What we offer
The TRG Supervisor role in Alert is Fly-In Fly-out. Our permanent positions are scheduled on 8×8 rotations (8 weeks on site, 8 weeks off site).
- Hours of work are typically 48 hours per week with overtime on short notice
- 6% vacation pay in lieu of time off
- Up to 6% pension benefits for permanent employees
- Permanent positions receive medical, dental, disability and life insurance benefits
- All travel expenses are paid by Nasittuq
- Private accommodations and all meals are provided without cost while on site
- Site includes recreational facilities, including gymnasium, work out equipment, woodworking shop, hobbies and clubs
We provide exemplary support services to the Canadian Forces Station (CFS) Alert, situated in the Canadian Arctic. Our highly skilled workforce provides services that include all elements of facilities maintenance, airfield operations, food services, transport and logistical/administrative support to our customer, the Department of National Defense (DND). Nasittuq Corporation offers Indigenous applicants who want to start on a new path or further their career opportunities for development. These programs include formal apprenticeship programs and informal in-house training and development opportunities.
Qualified and interested candidates please APPLY NOW
All applications will be considered for both current and future vacancies. All resumes will be kept active on file for a full year. The Company thanks you for your interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Qualified candidates will be requested to initiate the security clearance process.
Our Company is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified groups. Nunavut Land Claim Beneficiary applicants are encouraged to apply and self-identify.
Nasittuq provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advice us if you require any accommodations.
IQQANAIJAAQTAARASUAQTUT ILAGIJAUQATAULLUTIK NUNAVUT NUNANGANNI NUNALIRINIRNMUT ANGIRUTIUSIMAJUNUT SIVULLIQPAUTAUNIAQTUT IQQANAIJAAQTAARTITAUJUNNAQTUNUT. IKAJUQTURPATSI IQQANAIJAAQTAARASUAQATAUJUSI NALUNAIQSIQULLUSI ILAGIJAUQATAUNITSINNIK
.ᐱᓇᔪᒃᑐᑦ ᓄᓇᑖᖃᑕᐅᓯᒪᔪᑦ ᓄᓇᕗᒻᒥ ᓄᓇᑖᕐᓂᕐᒧᑦ ᐊᖏᖃᑎᒌᒍᑎᒥ ᓯᕗᓪᓕᐅᔾᔭᐅᖃᑦᑕᕐᓂᐊᖅᑐᑦ. ᐃᑲᔪᖅᑐᖅᐸᒃᑲ ᓂᕈᐊᒐᒃᓴᖁᑎᑎᑦ ᓇᓗᓇᐃᖅᓯᖁᓪᓗᒋᑦ ᐃᓚᒋᔭᐅᓂᕐᓂᒃ.
Apply for the job now!