Job title: Waste Residue Specialist – Forestry Technician
Company: Tolko Industries
Expected salary: $35.6 – 39.28 per hour
Location: Lumby, BC
Waste Residue Specialist – Forestry Technician Job Details:
Waste Residue Specialist/Forestry Technician
Southern Interior Woodlands – Lumby, BC
This opportunity for experienced waste residue specialists involves several forest development activities both in the field and the office. Tolko is looking to hire experienced Waste Residue Specialists – Forestry Technicians to our Woodlands team.
Under the direction of an Operations Supervisor, the Waste Residue Specialist is responsible for the Waste Assessment Survey in the field as well as other forestry technician responsibilities during winter months while working in a safe, timely, cost effective, and professional manner:
- Conduct waste residue surveys in the field for the post harvest waste obligations
- Submit clear/concise field data to for the waste program deliverables
- This position may involve atv and/or sled use
- Must be able to endure field work in varying weather conditions.
- Must have a valid drivers licence with forestry road driving experience.
- Forest development activities which can include: road/block layout, timber cruising and drafting associated plans
- This position generally field based with some minor office duties depending on experience
This is a unionized position, within the United Steelworkers Local 1—423. Compensation is governed by the Southern Interior Master Agreement. This position currently pays $35.60- $39.28/hour, depending on experience, education and skill level.
What We’re Looking For:
- An unwavering commitment to safety,
- Specialization in waste residue practices, accreditation as a Waste Surveyor is an asset
- Must be a graduate of forestry from a recognized college or university or possess equivalent practical work experience and training,
- A demonstrated ability to meet performance measures,
- Proven communication, interpersonal, organizational, and team collaboration skills,
- A valid driver’s license is required,
- Experience with the Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), GIS, and other computer applications is an asset,
- A sound understanding of forest policy, guidelines, and regulations is a requirement,
- Previous industry experience and registered (or eligible to register) for the ABCFP is preferred,
What We Offer:
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety,
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits,
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry,
- A positive, dynamic, and inclusive work environment,
- An open, innovative culture with diverse opportunities,
- A commitment to investing in our people through training and development,
- The chance to live (and play) where you work.
Want to know what it’s like to work for Tolko?
Who We Are:
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a diverse and committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
Grow Here, Achieve More:
When you join Tolko, you’ll develop your skills and be encouraged to pursue diverse opportunities with a company that’s built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity to build great lives.
If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at until the position is filled.
To protect the privacy of your personal information, please ensure that when you apply, you are directed to Tolko’s job board at or Tolko.com/careers.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on , , and to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.
Apply for the job now!