Agriculture Representative I Talent portal release details:
Become a direct supporter of establishing relationships with our agricultural and agribusiness customers. In this position, you will have the opportunity to support the agricultural community with ever-changing technologies such as wind, solar, and battery installations.
Bring your energy to Alliant Energy!
At Alliant Energy, our goal is to serve our customers and build a strong community. We are passionate about surpassing today’s market challenges while promoting the next step of energy development. If you want to work in a place that is important to you, where you can use your talents and passion to advance your career, join the Alliant Energy team!
What makes us different?
- Competitive salary and generous benefits.
- Committed to career growth and development.
- A culture that enhances our core values of life safety, doing the right thing, caring about others, making things better, taking action for tomorrow, and thinking beyond being bold.
- Opportunity to have a positive impact on our local community.
We have a good opportunity to hire agricultural representative I (can be filled at a higher level). This position can work in our Anamosa, Cedar Rapids, or Dubuque, IA operations center.
We are looking for people with an agricultural background and passion for renewable energy. Those in this role will be in daily contact with agricultural customers and agribusinesses about wind energy, solar energy, battery installation, and changing technologies in agricultural communities. This role identifies opportunities to market and sell products, procedures, and services to existing and new customers, and cooperates with farm customers to comply with regulations.
- This position may be filled to a senior position.
- Alliant Energy will not provide guarantees for work visas (such as H-1B visas) for this position now or in the future.
Agriculture Representative I Responsibilities:
- Investigate agricultural stray voltage problems in accordance with standardized test procedures and documents. Analyze the collected stray voltage data and coordinate with appropriate personnel to determine mitigation strategies when needed.
- Determine the limits of rural electricity and gas systems based on the collected data and make recommendations for improvement. Cooperate with other operating departments to determine the best solution and implementation plan.
- According to the service area, it can provide appropriate resources and assist rural electricians, customers, and builders in the correct wiring of agricultural buildings to improve safety and minimize potential stray voltage.
- Provide resources and promote energy efficiency programs and services available to agricultural customers through statewide efficiency programs or company-managed programs.
Agriculture Representative I Qualifications:
This position prefers a bachelor’s degree in agricultural science, engineering or related fields.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
Agricultural exposure and experience.
Use computer software programs effectively.
Demonstrate effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Work in a diverse and inclusive environment.
Applications will be accepted until qualified candidates are received.
Alliant Energy is committed to providing an inclusive working environment for all and prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to the full participation of all qualified individuals. As part of this dedication, Alliant Energy strives to ensure reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities.
All candidates selected for employment are required to successfully complete drug screening and background checks. Disclaimer: The above information in this description is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this category. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required for the employees assigned to the job.