Job title: AME Crew Chief
Location: Yellowknife, NT
AME Crew Chief Job Details:
You are a professional and experienced AME holding an M or E license (or a combination of the two) seeking the next step in your career. Your resilience and positive attitude along with your demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills will see you exceed in this role.
As the Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) Crew Chief you will be responsible for providing direction and supervision to AMEs and Apprentices to ensure the maintenance crew performs activities as planned in conjunction with the Maintenance Controller. In addition, you will be responsible for performing scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on aircrafts listed in the Summit Air Approved Maintenance Organization (AMO), and to carry out certification of the aircraft for flight (maintenance release).
This is an excellent opportunity for an internal employee to take the next step in their career with Summit!
- Plans, directs and oversees activities of the maintenance crew ensuring compliance with all safety regulations and practices whilst leading the team to promote and facilitate a safe and respectful working environment
- Leads and mentors’ apprentices and mechanics including conducting regular performance reviews and ensures all maintenance alerts and memos are read, understood and complied with.
- Communicates and liaises with the maintenance, flight crew and dispatch teams, as required.
- Performs all maintenance activities in accordance with the applicable standards of airworthiness and ensures all paperwork for assigned tasks is complete and accurate before handing back to Crew Chief.
- Identifies possible Service Difficulty Report (SDR) situations and reports to Maintenance Controller.
- Troubleshoots faulty systems to determine a course of rectification and conducts hangar clean-up.
- Carries out the applicable maintenance release of an aircraft as authorized to do so by their individual Aircraft Certification Authority (ACA).
- Travels with an aircraft and apprentice / mechanic if it is assigned away from base for an extended period of time, as required.
- Acts as temporary Maintenance Controller, if instructed to do so by Director of Maintenance.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a licensed AME, preferably working with larger aircrafts
- Possess Transport Canada AME M or E license or a combination of the two and the ability to hold ACA
- Hold necessary endorsements for the type of aircraft on which crews will be expected to work.
- Previous experience working on ATR42/72, DHC-8, BAE146, RJ85/100, D228 aircraft would be an asset
- Ability to direct and supervise the work of and provide practical training to AME’s, including foster apprentices towards successfully attaining an AME license
- Attention to detail with the proven ability to prioritize and multi-task with excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Proven observational, decision-making and time management skills, including efficient computer abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to foster a positive and goal-oriented working culture
- Nightshift/Dayshift – 14 days on, 14 days off 5pm-5am/5am-5pm
- Based in Yellowknife, NT
Summit Air, a member of the Ledcor Group of Companies, has been delivering remote aviation solutions to our customers for over 20 years. We have one of the largest and most diverse fleets in the industry. From moving cargo, to transferring passengers, to recreational flights for adventurers seeking to discover the North, we are a one-stop solution when it comes to safe and reliable aviation support. Learn more at
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via . For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our
Oct 12, 2023
27 Yellowknife Airport, 100 Dickins Street, Yellowknife, NT, Canada
Apply for the job now!