Job title: Applied Technology Manager
Location: Wallingford, CT
Applied Technology Manager Job Details:
WHAT WE OFFER
As a leading supplier of methacrylate chemicals worldwide we are active in various markets and supply our products for a wide range of applications. At Röhm our strength is our employees. With their creativity and passion, they actively contribute to our success story. We promote an inclusive and open culture and advocate diversity in our teams. With Röhm, you will experience continuous learning in an international environment. Become part of our team and make your career goals come true.
The Application Development Manager will manage and coordinate application development for the Medical Segment globally. Additionally, the Application Development Manager will be responsible for application development, product transfers and design support for the Automotive and LEOD Segment in Region Americas (RAM). This position will closely collaborate with REU and RAS Technology Centers to align and translate Molding Compound innovations.
- Provide application development for new acrylic molding compounds to support the Global Medical Industry Segment.
- Provide application development and design support for the
- Automotive and LEOD Segment in Region Americas (RAM).
- Support investigation of Quality Complaints
- Work closely with technical group in Germany to align on best practices and transfer knowledge
- Supervise Workshop team to operate and maintain molding, extrusion, and ancillary equipment.
- Assist new product scale up to manufacturing environment
- Advocating and lobbying committees and working groups that set standards in the Medical Segment
- Present to customers at large conferences and trade fairs
- Master’s degree in plastic processing, polymer/material science or chemical engineering, PhD preferred
- At least 10 years of experience in product & process development/application technology, most preferably in the field of Medical Plastics
- At lease 3 years of experience in leading and coaching an R& D team
- Experience in polymer characterization
- Statistical knowledge or DOE experience
- Ability to work productively in a team environment, experience in people management is a plus
- Good written skills.
- Good software skills with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. SAP experience a plus.
- Quality and safety mindset.
To ensure the fastest processing of your application please apply online via our career’s portal at .
If you have any questions regarding your application or the application process, please contact: Kristina Harris at Kristina.Harris@roehm.com and refer to the Requisition ID cited below.
Roehm America LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please inform us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or perform the job.
Please note that Röhm will not accept any unsolicited application documents sent by staffing firms. Röhm works in conjunction with preferred service providers and will not pay any fee to staffing firms in the absence of an appropriate framework agreement. Should Röhm receive a candidate profile from a staffing firm with which it has no framework agreement and should this candidate subsequently be considered in the recruitment process or offered employment no claims from the staffing firm will be entertained in this regard.
Powered by JazzHR
Apply for the job now!