Job title: Buyer
Location: Redwater, AB
Buyer Job Details:
Pay Band: L
At Nutrien, our purpose is Feeding the Future and we do so with safety, inclusion, integrity and results as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With nearly 25,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers globally.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, act with integrity, and who support inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us raise the expectation of what an agriculture company can be and grow your career.
What you will do:
- Fully support all site maintenance and emergency activities with quick and flawless execution. This includes purchasing material, repairs, rentals, on-site services, and expediting the material to ensure it is on-site ready for planned execution dates.
- Collaboration with internal clients to develop high-quality service, rental, blanket, and time collection Purchase Orders.
- Working closely with Business Unit to support future Purchasing needs; demand forecasting, RFI, RFP, and developing procurement strategy to add “value” to the organization and support flawless execution of outages.
- Collaboration with the Business unit to fully understand the site’s process, needs, goals, priorities, and opportunities.
- Manage ISNetworld database to ensure our key suppliers maintain compliance.
- Manage rates and activity codes in SAP and MCiTrack.
- Developing Continuous Improvement initiatives aligned with site needs and priorities that create value in the following areas: Contract development and management, supplier performance and business reviews (KPI, safety, quality, productivity), market intelligence/technology & innovation, risk management, reliability & process improvement, spend analytics & recommendations, transaction automation, Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) analysis, Sustainability (ESG), Safety (SIF elimination).
- Creating value through RFI, and RFP activities to bring innovation and create competition.
- Spend channel optimization to support ordering material through automated channels.
- Process invoices workflow and GRIR promptly following Nutrien procurement policy and procedures.
- Supplier setup and updates and assist in the communication & implementation of new contracts at sites.
- Identify materials purchased for each site and coordinate evaluation and addition of materials to add to price agreements (SAP Outline Agreement).
- Meet individual and department goals & objectives targets identified by management
- Perform additional tasks as defined by the Site Procurement Manager.
What you will bring:
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience in purchasing, strategic sourcing, strategic procurement, and/or supply chain.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA/Master’s degree preferred.
- Certifications in disciplines such as Procurement (SCMP/CPSM), Inventory Management (CIPS), Lean / Six Sigma, or Operational Excellence are preferred, but not required.
- Preference is given to experience at a large industrial site in the petrochemical or oil and gas industry.
- Proven record of training in data analytics, Excel, Ariba, SAP, procurement/supply chain processes, negotiation techniques, and contract content.
- Ability to create value through stakeholder engagement, data & recommendations, contracts, and continuous improvement.
- Strong organizational, time management skills, and attention to detail.
- Create “value beyond savings” through continuous improvement and efficiency.
- Results-driven mindset, with developing capabilities in problem-solving and analytical thinking.
- High-level SAP / Ariba experience and the ability to learn quickly.
- A high degree of ethics, discretion, honesty, fairness, and sound business practices.
Are you a good match? Apply today!
The estimated salary that Indeed, Glassdoor and LinkedIn suggested does not represent Nutrien’s compensation structure.
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
This job will remain posted until filled. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: , and
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran
GROW WITH US – BUSINESS UNIT
At Nutrien, we never stop growing, because our world never does. Our size can help us weather a storm, but with that ability comes a great responsibility—to our growers and customers, our employees and shareholders, our communities, and the planet.
Not Ready To Apply?
Stay connected by joining our network and we’ll keep you informed about upcoming events and opportunities that match your interests.
Apply for the job now!