Job title: Clerk General – Retail -Reg. PTU
Location: Calgary, AB
Clerk General – Retail -Reg. PTU Job Details:
Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawtons Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Ready to Make an impact?
About Safeway: Safeway grocery stores provide an exceptional food shopping experience to consumers from Vancouver, British Columbia to Thunder Bay, Ontario. We are the newest member of Sobeys Inc.’s retail food offering which serves the needs of Canadians with more than 1,500 stores in over 800 communities from coast-to-coast. Whether it’s your first job or you’re ready for a new challenge, we have a career to fit your life. Our commitment to delivering top quality products and superior service to our customers, and for giving back to the communities we serve has earned us a reputation as an employer of choice for those looking for an exciting career in food retail. A day in the life of a General Clerk: Are you a Night Owl? You know how important it is to find exactly the products you are looking for. Maintaining a well-stocked store so that the customer shopping experience is quick, easy and efficient is the key to building loyalty. That is why our General Clerks play such an important role in the success of our stores. Full training is provided for this position.
Here’s where you’ll be focusing:
Experience * No previous experienced required
Key Responsibilities * Upholds and complies with company procedures, standards and policies in all situations
- Stocking product to shelves such as Dairy, Frozen, perishable and non-perishables
- Maintaining and building merchandise displays in compliance with Safeway programs
- Rotation of product
- Loading and unloading of product for the sales floor
- Backroom and inventory management
- Operating a cash register as needed for relief during peak business hours
- Any other duties as assigned by the Store Manager
What you have to offer:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required * Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Highly motivated and team oriented
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written form
- Possess strong Customer Service qualities
- Works in a safe and responsible manner
- Available to work between the hours of 11:00 pm – 7:30 am
- May be required to transfer to days based on collective agreement
- Must be available to be scheduled anytime on Sunday (Alberta Only)
Physical Requirements (Seldom: Not Daily, Rare: 0-5% of shift, Occasional: 6-33% of shift, Frequent: 34-66% of shift, Constant: 66-100% of shift) * Constant lifting of up to 20 pounds
- Constant reaching, gripping
- Frequent bending, walking, standing, twisting, pushing or pulling
- Occasional lifting of up to 20-50 pounds
- Occasional computer and point of sale system use
- Occasional crouching, kneeling, squatting
Why work for us: We offer regular pay increases for hourly employees, flexible scheduling and a comprehensive benefit plan that includes employer funded prescription drug coverage, vision care, dental coverage, and pension plan for eligible employees We are looking for friendly, enthusiastic individuals who enjoy giving our customers the best shopping experience. If you want the chance to join one of the best retail teams in the industry, enhance your skill set, learn from experts and advance your career, this is the place to be. We are an award winning organization that is renowned for its inclusive work environment and recognized as a great place to work.
We offer teammates competitive total compensation packages that will vary by role and location. Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization. We look forward to discussing the specific compensation details relevant to this role with candidates who are selected to move forward in the recruitment process.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.
Apply for the job now!