Job title: Test Automation Engineer
Company: TELUS Agriculture & Consumer Goods
Test Automation Engineer Job Details:
TELUS Agriculture & Consumer Goods is a great place to work. You can see it in our team members. The diversity of the team and their unique contributions set us apart from the competition. Our success is based as much on our future friendly team as the innovative technology solutions we offer.
Our team members include people like you – enthusiastic, innovative, passionate and energetic. We believe that you’ll find our high-performance culture personally fulfilling, professionally challenging and financially rewarding.
Here’s the impact you will make and what we will accomplish together
TELUS Agriculture & Consumer Goods is leveraging our world-leading technology and innovation to create better producer-to-consumer outcomes. To do this, we are creating a unified, trusted and sustainable value chain that enables the most efficient production and logistics outcomes, while lowering the impact on the environment. We deliver actionable digital solutions and data insights that connect global supply chains, improving the safety, quality and sustainability of food and consumer goods, all in a way that’s traceable and clear to the end consumer.
We offer an unmatched suite of innovative solutions and purpose-built applications for every participant in the supply chain, from seed manufacturers and farmers through to grocery stores and consumer goods companies. Our solutions are comprised of the latest technologies that enable our customers to optimize their businesses and move goods through supply chains with more accuracy, efficiency and profit to get the right products to shelf, at the right time and at the right price, creating more sustainable production and consumption outcomes.
- As part of our Technology team, you’ll design, test, and deploy effective test automation solutions to monitor, validate, and orchestrate software throughout all stages of the SDLC. The Software test Automation Engineer will be a member of an Agile Scrum development team and develop best-in-class test framework solutions. SDETs are responsible for all levels of development testing including functional, integration, performance, and regression testing. The qualified candidate should also be knowledgeable with test patterns and best practices for developing a variety of tests.
- Design, develop, and document, and implement test scenarios for new features or updating existing scenarios and implement new tests as needed
- Identify system and integration tasks during team sprint cycles and provide implementation strategies and estimates.
- Write test cases and automate through API/UI automation as needed.
- Develop and maintain quality automation code and test environments.
- Engage with business & technology stakeholders in identifying test scenarios and regression testing needs.
- Be a leader in automated API and functional testing; Work closely with the development team to understand the functionality and identify testability of functional elements.
- Mentor teams on the testability of functional elements, best practices on test coverage.
- Troubleshoot and debug technical issues in a variety of application environments.
- Identify any technical risk or gaps within the system and recommend alternate mitigation approaches; Openly share ideas on new approaches with the team and mentor other team members.
- Learn constantly and keep up with technological changes, best practices, newer frameworks, and patterns related to all technologies.
- Technical leadership and best practice guidance across all platforms; partner with other development and QA teams to advance the technical requirements of the system; Build and maintain strong working relationships with the key teams and organization QA team.
- Drive continuous integration and deployment efforts
What you bring to this role
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or related degree or equivalent experience.
- 3 + years of hands-on development experience in .NET or object oriented programming.
- Excellent understanding of the testing process, test types, and testing methodologies.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with object-oriented design.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of algorithms to test solutions.
- Demonstrable experience of common development technologies
- Experience with load/performance testing of web-based applications and RESTful APIs.
- Hands-on familiarity with the cloud environment: GCP, Azure, or similar
- Extensive experience with SQL and relational database design.
- The collaborative mindset with strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exhibits a continuous improvement mindset
Location – Remote, Canada
Employment Type – Full Time
Career Stream Level – P2
Collectively, our talented team and integrated solutions uniquely position us to transform collaboration within the industry at a global level, empowering and connecting producers to consumers for a more efficient, sustainable future.
Everyone belongs at TELUS Agriculture & Consumer Goods. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS Agriculture & Consumer Goods, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion for enabling remarkable human outcomes?
Together, let’s make the future friendly.
TELUS Agriculture & Consumer Goods is proud to foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to fair employment practices and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities, as required, during the recruitment process.
Apply for the job now!