Job title: Clerk Produce SW
Location: Kenora, ON
Clerk Produce SW Job Details:
Requisition ID: 18403
Career Group: Store Careers
Job Category: Retail – Produce
Country: Canada (CA)
Province: Ontario (CA-ON)
Location: Safeway – 4808 (Kenora)
A proudly Canadian retail company, Sobeys began in 1907 as a small meat delivery business in Stellarton, Nova Scotia. Today, Sobeys Inc. serves the food shopping needs of Canadians with approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton’s Drug Stores as well as in-store pharmacies, liquor and more than 350 retail fuel locations.
Together with our 125,000 employees and franchise affiliates and a collective passion for delivering exceptional food and shopping experiences, Sobeys’ purpose is to improve the lives of Canadians by helping them Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. .
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
A day in the life of a General Clerk
As a customer yourself, you know how important it is to find exactly the products you are looking for. Maintaining a well-stocked store so that the customer shopping experience is quick, easy and efficient is the key to building loyalty. That is why our General Clerks play such an important role in the success of our stores. Full training is provided for this position.
- No previous experienced required
- Key Responsibilities
- Upholds and complies with company procedures, standards and policies in all situations
- Greets customers in a polite and friendly manner
- Demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with Safeway’s programs
- Stocking product to shelves such as Dairy, Frozen, perishable and non-perishables
- Maintaining and building merchandise displays in compliance with Safeway programs
- Rotation of product
- Loading and unloading of product for the sales floor
- Backroom and inventory management
- Operating a cash register as needed for relief during peak business hours
- Any other duties as assigned by the Store Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Highly motivated and team oriented
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both oral and written form
- Possess strong Customer Service qualities
- Works in a safe and responsible manner
- Available to work flexible hours
- Evening and weekend availability is strongly encouraged
- Must be available to be scheduled anytime on Sunday (Alberta Only)
- Physical Requirements (Seldom: Not Daily, Rare: 0-5% of shift, Occasional: 6-33% of shift, Frequent: 34-66% of shift, Constant: 66-100% of shift)
- Constant lifting of up to 20 pounds
- Constant reaching, gripping
- Frequent bending, walking, standing, twisting, pushing or pulling
- Occasional lifting of up to 20-50 pounds
- Occasional computer and point of sale system use
- Occasional crouching, kneeling, squatting
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.
Apply for the job now!