Job title: Cooks Helper, Part Time
Company: Compass Group
Expected salary: $15.85 per hour
Location: Hamilton, ON
Cooks Helper, Part Time Job Details:
You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine creating a place where tomorrow’s leaders, big thinkers, and dreamers gather. Join us and know that you make it possible for others to learn, grow, and discover. Because of what we do, students and faculty share so much more than a meal. And that’s why this is so much more than a job.
Why work with Chartwells? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading foodservice and support services company. We cater to Generation Z on college campuses and upcoming K-12 generations. We offer dining programs and solutions that fit the unique needs of today’s students. Join our commitment to providing responsible, healthy-eating solutions.
Click to view our Team Member video!
Start Date: ASAP
Status: Part time
Schedule: Monday-Sunday 9am-6:30pm, Monday-Sunday 12pm-6:30pm, Monday-Friday, 2pm-7pm
Location: Columbia International College Pine Residence, Hamilton ON
Important Information: Food Handler’s Certificate and previous culinary experience required. Previous cooking experience an asset.
How you will make an impact:
You will be responsible for preparing food and serving customers in accordance with applicable local standards, guidelines and regulations.
As a Prep Cook, you will:
- Obtain daily production schedule and preparation requirements from the Chef
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, entrees etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
- Previous experience as a prep cook required
- Certificate from a recognized cooking school
- You must have a valid Food Handler Certificate or provincial equivalent
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
- Able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
- A team player with effective communication skills
- Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
- Training from a culinary school will be an asset
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact for further information.
Apply for the job now!