BERNROSA PASTORAL PTY LTD is seeking for Dairy Farmer, Agricultural Technician, and Dairy Cattle Farm Operator that will join a team on a dairy farm located in regional Victoria.
Positions Available: Dairy Farm Job in Victoria
- Dairy Farmers • Applicants must have at least a Bachelor’s degree or 5 years of relevant experience.
- Agricultural Technicians • Applicants must have at least a Diploma or 3 years of relevant experience.
- Dairy Cattle Farm Operators • Applicants must have at least an AQF Certificate II or III in Agriculture (or equivalent) or at least 1 year of recent work experience
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Patient, Hardworking, Resourceful, Trustworthy, Loyal, Efficient
- Understanding and passion for the Dairy industry
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Constant monitoring of the Dairy Farm.
- Sound knowledge of Farming Techniques and Management.
- Demonstrate a broad and coherent body of knowledge of milk source and composition
- In-depth understanding of the safety and quality factors that determine the acceptability of dairy products by consumers.
- To be able to work and communicate effectively as part of a team.
- Supervised of Animal Husbandry and Feed Management.
- Managing all dairy cattle, heifers, dry cows, and calves
- Managing plant equipment and infrastructure maintenance
- Achieving agreed budgeted and physical performance targets
- Managing milk harvesting, milk quality, and staff rosters
- Ensuring compliance with workplace and OH&S Legislation
- Adhering to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Manage the feeding program for springing cows.
- Inspecting and monitoring growth rates against targets.
- Nutrient Management Planning
- Arranging a supply of vaccines, mineral supplements, and another appropriate animal husbandry.
- Organize mating program for rising 2-year-olds
- Record all treatments to meet quality assurance requirements and farm policy.
- Select cows for Artificial Insemination, and assist with semen selection. Mark inseminated cows and keep insemination records.
- Apply heat detection aids, identify, record, mark, and draft cows on heat segregate, and prepare for insemination.
Dairy Cattle Farm Operator:
- Read and record instrument information i.e. Milk vat temperatures and cow numbers
- Undertake multiple functions, and produce a quality outcome e.g. Farm machinery
- Operate milking plant and equipment.
- Operate standard measuring equipment
- Know general scientific terminology and assist with processes such as machine repair, artificial insemination, fertilizer mix design etc.
- Operate the computerized system using menu options.
A remuneration package is between $54,000 – $80,000 plus Superannuation will be negotiated depending on skills and experience
I like this job .I am interested.thankyou.
I’m really interested in this job ,I wish you can give me this opportunity to prove my self
I like this job. I am interested please