Job title: Department Lead – Livestock/Ag
Company: Rural King
Location: Mount Vernon, OH
Department Lead – Livestock/Ag Job Details:
Rural King Farm and Home Store strives to create a positive and rewarding workplace for our associates. We offer opportunities for growth, competitive benefits, a people first environment, and an opportunity to work alongside dedicated associates who share a passion for providing an exceptional experience and service to our rural communities. Whether you are starting an entry-level position or joining with professional experience, Rural King encourages professional growth and provides the necessary resource to help you succeed and grow with us.
When you join the Rural King team, you become a contributing member in supporting the needs of and making a difference in the lives of those within the people and communities we serve.
How we reward you
401k with a generous 50% match up to first 10% of earnings * Healthcare plans to support your needs * Virtual doctor visits * Access to Centers of Excellence with Barnes Jewish Hospital and Mayo Clinic’s Complex Care Program * 15% Associate Discount * Dave Ramsey’s SmartDollar Program (no cost to you!) * Associate Assistance Program * RK Cares Associate Hardship Program * 24/7 Chaplaincy Services
What You’ll do
The purpose of the Department Lead is to play a pivotal role in ensuring the efficient and effective operations of your assigned department. You will be responsible for overseeing a range of activities including scanning outs, inventory management, recovery, price changes, planogram sets, department cleanliness, and adhering to the indoor merchandising guide to maintain high standards.
- Adhere to the indoor merchandising guide to maintain consistent department and signing standards and appealing displays that are consistent with company expectations.
- Monitor and maintain accurate inventory levels by conducting regular stock counts, scanning your outs, reconciling discrepancies in inventory, and replenish department inventory from the stockroom or top stock.
- Oversee the recovery process to ensure the department maintains a neat, organized, and visually appealing appearance, enhancing the overall shopping experience.
- Coordinate and execute price changes accurately and efficiently, collaborating with relevant teams to update pricing labels and signage as required.
- Manage the implementations of playbook features and planogram sets, ensuring that products are arranged according to company guidelines and standards, maximizing sales potential and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and orderliness within the department, enforcing sanitation and safety protocols to create a pleasant shopping environment for customers and a safe workspace for employees.
- Provide exceptional customer service using the customer engagement model to assist customers with inquiries, locate products, and address concerns to enhance customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Provide support at the front end by processing transactions or loadouts as required.
- Use general office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax machine, calculator, computer.
- Operate handheld devices, forklifts, pallet jacks, ladders, and other retail equipment.
- Participate in cross-training for flexibility in various departments and responsibilities.
- Actively participate in learning initiatives offered such as training programs, workshops, and webinars. Leverage these opportunities to acquire new knowledge, refine existing skills, and stay current on the latest developments.
- Provide friendly, proactive, and professional internal and external support to others, assisting with inquiries, concerns, and issues promptly and effectively.
- Demonstrate behaviors that exemplify Rural King’s Values: People First, Integrity, Attitude, Initiative, Teamwork, Accountability, and Continuous Improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Qualities for Success
- At least 2 years of retail experience with knowledge of specific department.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to convey ideas, instructions, and information clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrated ability to actively listen, ask relevant questions, and provide thorough and articulate responses.
- Demonstrate a high level of adaptability in response to changing priorities, unexpected challenges, and evolving business needs.
- Demonstrated experience applying a flexible mindset that allows for the successful navigation of ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Strong problem-solving skills to quickly identify and address issues, minimizing potential delays or disruptions.
- Ability to remain composed and focused during high-pressure situations, ensuring quality and timely outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and maintain a high level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to meticulously review and analyze information, identifying errors or inconsistencies to maintain high levels of accuracy.
- Comfortable navigating computer systems and software to assist customers or manage tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Flexibility with hours: ability to work a 40-hour workweek with varied hours, days, nights, and weekends as business dictates.
- Ability to maintain a seated or standing position for extended durations.
- Ability to lift, push, and/or pull a minimum of 30 pounds repetitively and 31-50 pounds intermittently.
- Ability to use a ladder and/or pallet jack.
- Able to navigate and access all facilities.
- Skill to effectively communicate verbally with others, both in-person and via electronic devices.
- Close vision for computer-related tasks.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Apply for the job now!