Do you love working outdoors rain or shine? Working productively as a team? Creating big community benefits for ecosystems, local food, and farm access for everyone? Join the Ignatius Farm team. Work immediately north of Guelph, Ontario in a place of peace and community impact. Ignatius Farm is the community organic training farm of the Ignatius Jesuit Centre. IJC nurtures spiritual growth and ecological engagement through agriculture, retreats, and restoration work.
Farm Workers Jobs Details:
Ignatius Farm grows certified organic produce for Community Shared Agriculture (CSA) members, markets, local businesses, and service agencies. Farm programs include community gardens, community orchards, Small
Plot Agriculture rentals, Farm Immersion Internships, New Farmer Training, working shares, volunteering, and community events.
FARM WORKERS grow, harvest & distribute quality organic produce in fields and greenhouses, and support Ignatius Farm community programs.
- Plant, transplant, weed, harvest, and clean crops per Organic, food safety, and quality standards
- Perform field activities efficiently and effectively, a model for volunteers, trainees, and co-workers
- Provide wonderful customer service for CSA, Community Gardens, visitors
Assigned activity areas, based on aptitude and experience, may include:
- Indoor crop production & greenhouse maintenance
- Equipment operations & maintenance
- Harvest & Post-harvest handling
- Community Shared Agriculture market facilitation
- Community Orchard
- Community Gardens
- Community Field Days and working with volunteer groups
- Utilize and maintain tools, equipment, and structures safely, according to the training provided
- Log activities; Support logistics & system improvements of all farming activities and programs
DREAM FARM TEAM candidates have/are…
- Demonstrated interest, knowledge, and/or experience with gardening, ecological farming, greenhouse work, fieldwork, hand tools, and/or equipment
- Physically fit and able to work outside rain or shine; Math & customer service skills
- Commitment to ecology, health & safety, collaborative teamwork, community building
- Assets: Valid G class driver’s licence, First Aid/CPR, spreadsheet experience.
Submit a CLEAR LETTER OF INTEREST with your resume, including:
- Which funding criteria do you meet (below)
- Relevant experience, skills, and values
- What do you hope to learn and any plans for farming and food work in your future?
IJC seeks funding to compensate staff well.
Some positions require candidates to meet some or all of:
- Have a valid SIN number
- 30 years old or younger
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or refugee status
- Underemployed and registered with an Employment Ontario service provider
- Current post-secondary student not on a work permit or visa
The Ignatius Jesuit Centre (IJC) aspires to be an equitable and inclusive place where a diversity of life experiences, identities, and perspectives work together. IJC encourages applicants from all walks of life, especially those from communities that have been historically excluded from farming or access to farmland. We apply an anti-oppression framework to our work and have a zero tolerance policy for discrimination and harassment.
We thank all applicants in advance; only those selected for interviews will be contacted.