Job title: Field Engineer/Geoscientist
Location: Yellowknife, NT
Field Engineer/Geoscientist Job Details:
In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!
When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Entry Level Field Engineer/Geoscientist to join our team in Yellowknife, NT! In this role you will get to inspect and oversee various aspects of the construction and remediation activities at Giant Mine!
Parsons is the Construction Manager of the Giant Mine Remediation Project. This is a world class remediation project using innovative methods to deliver a safe environment. The project is expected to last over 10 years and is located just outside the City of Yellowknife, NWT.
Candidates must be local or willing to relocate to Yellowknife, NT
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Inspect the works of contractors by monitoring their performance to meet the specification and contract requirements.
- Support and ensure Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) standards are followed at site by subcontractors in accordance with EHS program. Perform safety audits\inspections.
- Oversee and perform site inspections and enforcement of standards
- Oversee Quality Control/Quality Assurance of work being performed by contractors. Ensuring quality control plans are followed and witnessing, verifying, approving as per the Inspection Test Plans (ITP). Coordinating the testing requirements with the contractor and third-party independent testing agents.
- Support Project Managers and Engineers in the delivery of the construction scope, schedule, budget, safety, and quality of work packages delivered by sub-contractors.
- Monitor, verify and generate daily reports on the progress and performance of subcontractor activities.
- Review contractor daily reports and verify.
- Review daily and weekly plans, perform site inspections to monitor and assure adherence to plans.
- Assist Project Managers and Engineers with quality control assessments and the quality reports.
- Support the Project Managers and Engineers with resolving issues when variance in cost, schedule or quality arise by working with the contractors to develop and implement corrective actions.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring:
- Diploma or degree in related field. Work experience in heavy civil, northern mining or remediation projects will be an asset. Significant experience in lieu of diploma, or degree will be considered.
- Must have ability to understand design specifications, quality plans and performing quality assurance functions.
- Must have ability to oversee activities of multiple contractors.
- Must have strong conflict resolution skills and ability to monitor and maintain contractor adherence to specifications and standards.
- Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to operate self-sufficiently in field environments.
- Proven ability to prepare reports and documentation.
- Hold a valid Canadian driver’s license.
- Be willing to live in Yellowknife, NWT.
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: Not Applicable/None
This position is part of our Critical Infrastructure team.
For more than 75 years, our experts have designed and delivered the critical infrastructure that connects and protects communities around the world. We work in diverse, collaborative teams, both within the company and with our partners and customers, to plan, design, build, and modernize infrastructure. We take special pride in projects and solutions that improve communities as well as people’s quality of life by promoting economic growth, enhancing mobility, and increasing sustainability and resiliency. Powered by our people, we provide the imagination necessary to support our customers’ visions—and to help them see new possibilities.
We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as health, vision, dental, employer paid provincial care premiums, Defined Contribution Pension Plan (DCPP), Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA), Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP), life insurance, paid time off, sick leave, all province observed holidays off, and gym membership discounts to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by customer requirements and some cases federal, state, provincial or local mandates.
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.
We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!
Apply for the job now!