Job title: Food Service Worker, Part Time
Company: Compass Group
Expected salary: $17 per hour
Location: Bowmanville, ON
Food Service Worker, Part Time Job Details:
You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine creating a place where tomorrow’s leaders, big thinkers, and dreamers gather. Join us and know that you make it possible for others to learn, grow, and discover. Because of what we do, students and faculty share so much more than a meal. And that’s why this is so much more than a job.
Why work with Chartwells? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading foodservice and support services company. We cater to Generation Z on college campuses and upcoming K-12 generations. We offer dining programs and solutions that fit the unique needs of today’s students. Join our commitment to providing responsible, healthy-eating solutions.
Click to view our Team Member video!
Status: Part-Time, Seasonal
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 3-5hrs/day
Location: St. Stephen’s Catholic Secondary School, Bowmanville ON
Important Information: Previous cooking and cash handling experience is an asset. No evening or weekend shifts. Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
Prepares, presents and serves meals, ensuring the quality of the food and overall presentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform prep work such as washing, peeling, cutting and seeding fruits and vegetables.
- Carry pans, kettles and trays of food to and from work stations, stove and refrigerator in accordance with safety standards.
- Store food in designated areas following wrapping, dating, food safety and rotation procedures.
- Set up items for purchase on daily basis.
- Perform general cleaning duties; remove trash and garbage to designated areas.
- Distribute supplies, utensils and portable equipment.
- Utilize approved food recipes and production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control. Notify cooks if food temperatures are not within acceptable limits.
- Serve customers in a friendly, efficient manner following outlined steps of service.
- Resolve customer concerns and relays relevant information to supervisor.
- Assure compliance with all sanitation and safety requirements.
- Provide service in all retail areas, including cashiering and line serving.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Food Service Workers? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role:
- FoodSafe Level 1 Certification.
- Familiar with the use of a cash register is an asset.
- Strong time management and organizational skills to be able to manage heavy workload.
- Ability to work both independently and in team setting as required.
- Good command of English language, both verbal and written and ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Previous food service experience in healthcare, hotel, restaurant or fast food is considered an asset.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact for further information.
Apply for the job now!