Job title: General Labour (3:45pm – 12:15am) – $17.50/hr
Company: Maple Leaf Foods
Location: Mississauga, ON
General Labour (3:45pm – 12:15am) – $17.50/hr Job Details:
Do you consider yourself a team player? Are you double-vaccinated and eligible to work in Canada? If so, we want to hear from you! At MLF Canning, we pride ourselves on our commitment to our team members and producing quality products!
Who we are!
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Maple Leaf Foods at 2265 Drew Rd., in Mississauga, ON is accepting applications for General Labour positions within our Prepared Meats Plant which specializes in canned meat products. Duties may include:
- Handling of fresh and frozen meat products, including chicken, turkey, and pork
- Combining ingredients to formulate mixtures of products to be cooked and packaged
- Loading and unloading microwaves/ovens within the cooking process using automated and manual equipment
- Plant set up for production
- Performing task along an assembly line to move products from start to end of the production cycle
- Organization of finished product from the line, including pallet configuration, pallet tag documentation, and removal of product to freezer for proper storage
- Other duties as assigned
Hours of Work:
- Monday to Friday
- Approximate shift time is 3:45pm-12:15am.
What we are looking for:
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment is an asset
- Desire and ability to learn
- Reliable and dependable, able to be at work every day, on time
- Ability to interact and share information with Team Members at all levels. Actively participate in their work group
- Able to work in a fast-paced and repetitive task environment
- Physically fit and able to lift, push, and/or pull weight of up to 23kg (50 lbs.)
- Be willing to adhere to all hygienic and food safety requirements in the Plant
Why Choose Maple Leaf Foods?
- Essential business through Covid-19
- Leading Consumer Protein Company
- Competitive Wages: Starting rate is $17.50 with ability to earn up to $19.68
- Afternoon shift premium of $0.50/hour
- Comprehensive benefits package (Extended Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Pension Program
- Referral Bonus Program
- Clean and safe environment
- Personal Protective Equipment provided
- Career advancement opportunities
- Equal Opportunity Employer
Please apply online or in-person today!
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination prior to their first day of work.. We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at [email protected] or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.
Apply for the job now!