Job title: Human Resources Business Partner
Location: Calgary, AB
Human Resources Business Partner Job Details:
Wonderbrands, is a leading North American bakery (with 140 years of experience in baking packaged breads, artisan breads, and donuts. We are one of the largest bakeries in North America and makers of Wonder Bread, Country Harvest, D’Italiano, Gadoua, and Casa Mendosa.
Wonderbrands, a division of FGF Brands, is unlocking an incredible opportunity for growth through a focus on production innovation capabilities, through a leading edge supply chain practice and investing deeply in communities where we bake. We are hiring to build a robust Talent and Development team to support our bakeries and Team Members.
- Actively work as a liaison between Operations, Team Members, Talent & Development.
- Apply and interpret policies, practices, and procedures to ensure compliance and business expectations are met
- Conduct investigations to resolve employee relations and labor relations issues, and ensuring positive relations are maintained
- Work closely with the Health & Safety team to ensure compliance with health and safety standards by instilling a sense of urgency regarding health and safety concerns and investigating health and safety issues immediately to maintain a safe and secure work environment for all employees
- In partnership with the Labour Relations team, support Joint Labour Management meetings and grievance tracking as required by site. May support negotiation preparations as required.
- Works closely with Operations Leaders, to determine their current and upcoming Staffing needs. Support and participate in recruitment efforts onsite, partnering with the Talent Acquisition team as required.
- In conjunction with all key stakeholders, problem solve and trouble shoot any issues or challenges
- In conjunction with Operations Leaders, assists and participates in Progressive Disciplinary situations related to team members
- In conjunction with Operations Leaders, assists and participates in most Performance Evaluations related to team members along with the appropriate Operations Leaders
- Assist with T&D/Operations projects as assigned
- Mentor/coach and lead Talent & Development Site Coordinators if applicable
- Manage and participate in Internal Job positing process.
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role within a Manufacturing facility
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or a related field
- Good understanding/working knowledge of HR policies/procedures, benefits and employee relations
- Proven competency in the operation of key office software and productivity tools such as: MS Office suite of tools, working knowledge of an HRIS
- Experience with Health & Safety initiatives (previous experience as a H&S committee member required)
- Health & Safety certification highly desired
- Leadership experience
If you’re excited about this opportunity and love baked goods, we invite you to apply!
Wonderbrands is committed to fostering a work environment with strong core values that support diversity through various policies, programs and activities that encourage sensitivity and accommodations. Wonderbrands offers employment regardless of race, colour, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, or sexual orientation. Diversity is integral to our success as an organization and we will use diversity as a model to help identify and develop the best talent, create effective teams, and achieve overall excellence. In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Disclaimer: The above describes the general responsibilities, required knowledge and skills. Please keep in mind that other duties may be added or this description may be amended at any time.
Apply for the job now!