Job title: Illinniarvimmi Inuusiliriji
Company: Government of Nunavut
Expected salary: $76609 per year
Location: Cambridge Bay, NU
Illinniarvimmi Inuusiliriji Job Details:
Type of employment:
$76,609.00 per annum, 37.5 hour/week
$ 20,891.00 per annum
Monday, November 6, 2023 – 11:59pm
This is a Highly Sensitive Position and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, along with a clear Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
As per HRM Directive 518, this employment opportunity is restricted to Nunavut Inuit only.
Reporting to the Principal, the Illinniarvimmi Inuusiliriji provides counselling and guidance to students, promotes the relevance of education in the community and fosters mutual understanding between the community and the school leading to self-fulfillment and success in life.
The Illinniarvimmi Inuusiliriji is an active member of the education staff and school team and provides a liaison between the community, home, school and the student and is a community resource person and student advocate who supports, promotes and involves students, parents and the community as partners in Education.
The Illinniarvimmi Inuusiliriji position influences enhancement of school/community relationships, increased cultural sensitivity within the school, increased understanding of the role of the school in the community, overall feeling of safety, acceptance, understanding and self-confidence in students and staff; and resulting in increased student attendance, resulting in more skilled graduates leading to increased self-esteem by all.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this job are usually obtained through a Grade 12 Diploma or ABE equivalent to Grade 12 or higher, along with five years experience working at the community level.
The Official Languages of Nunavut are Inuktitut (Inuinnaqtun), English and French.
Fluency in more than one of Nunavut’s official language is an asset.
Equivalencies that consist of an acceptable combination of education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.
Knowledge of Inuit language, communities, culture, land and Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit is an asset.
An eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to . Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a more representative workforce so it can better understand and serve the needs of Nunavummiut. Priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit. Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Nunavut Priority Hiring Policy.
- Employment in some positions requires an acceptable criminal record check. Possession of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify candidates from further consideration.
- Applicants may submit their resume in the Official Language of their choice.
- Eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
- Job descriptions may be obtained by fax, email or on the website.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Apply for the job now!