Job title: Maintenance Manager
Location: Black Creek, BC
Maintenance Manager Job Details:
At Saputo, our best comes from our people. We’re a talented and caring team with a longstanding history of excellence. Since our first days delivering cheese on a bicycle, we’ve grown into a leading global dairy processor by staying true to the culture that defines us. Each of our employees is committed to uphold our tradition of care, quality, and passion through food, and together, we foster an environment where we can all make contributions that matter–from our manufacturing plants to our office locations and everywhere in-between.
We are searching for a dynamic individual to join our team in the position of Maintenance Manager. This senior level position oversees the entire maintenance function at this production facility and reports to the Plant Manager. In this role you will Interface with the operational departments and work closely with the Engineering Department on cost saving projects, capital improvements, process and packaging flow, regulatory compliance, waste management, and energy conservation. This person will be pivotal in planning and implementing the maintenance program including utility systems, production machinery and equipment.
How You Will Make Contributions That Matter …
- Provide leadership and direction to plant maintenance function of a 24-hour, 7 day a week operation.
- Actively promote and support food safety and product quality programs (i.e. GMPs, HACCP, quality and sanitation standards) and initiatives though working closely with the Quality Assurance team, plant management, operations and employees.
- Evaluate Maintenance personnel skills and abilities and establish a training program for development within the Department. Coach and develop employees to achieve continuous improvement in performance levels.
- Ensure that all utilities (i.e. refrigeration, electrical, steam, compressed air systems, etc.) are in proper working order to support production. Troubleshoot machinery and process systems in the event of breakdowns. Coordinate with production/packaging supervision downtime windows for PM and repair work.
- Coordinate the activities of the plant wastewater facility, participate in waste reduction programs and ensure waste handling systems are in compliance with all regulations.
- Fulfill plant requirements relative to regulatory reporting (i.e. DNR, etc.) Document plant activities relative to wastewater permits, storm water, air emissions, Tier II reporting, pressure vessel registration, building permits, etc., to ensure compliance to current codes and permits for all regulatory agencies.
- Develop and maintain positive and effective verbal and written communication with the Plant Manager, plant management team, supervisors, service groups and all employees to ensure smooth operation of the process.
- Develop a yearly departmental budget, in conjunction with the Plant Manager. Monitor and control departmental costs in comparison with budgetary standards.
You are best suited for the role if you…
- A minimum of five (5) years maintenance experience within Dairy, Food, and/or Beverage industry; supervision experience required.
- Working knowledge of boilers, refrigeration, PLCs, electrical, cooling towers, ammonia compressors and packaging equipment. Working knowledge of environmental issues and compliance (i.e. effluent, BOD, COD, etc.), a plus.
- Ability to lead, influence and motivate a large workforce through interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently with good time management and organizational skills. Ability to logically determine mechanical/electrical/process control system functions, in order to determine the most efficient method of resolving malfunctions.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
We support and care for our employees by providing them with…
- Development opportunities that enhance you career fulfillment
- Meaningful compensation & benefits that help you care for your family
- Opportunities to contribute to your community and enhance the lives of others through Saputo products
Saputo is among the top three cheese producers in the USA and one of the largest producers of extended shelf-life and cultured dairy products. We have a diversified product portfolio with well-known retail brands, such as Friendship Dairies, Frigo Cheese, Montchevre, Stella and Treasure Cave, and a strong foodservice presence, partnering with chain restaurants and broadline distributors. Thanks to our countrywide footprint and national and international distribution networks, we’re proud to bring our best to our customers and, consumers and have plenty of opportunities for our employees to grow in their own way. And we do it while also striving to build a healthier future for our people and the communities where we operate, guided by our values and the Saputo Promise. To learn more about Saputo in the USA, please click here. ( )
Join the Saputo Dairy USA team to make your contributions matter every day!
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC endeavors to make CareersUSA.Saputo.com accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 214-863-2300 or email . This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA, LLC are equal opportunity employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under law, please visit .
To review the Saputo Cheese USA Inc. and Saputo Dairy Foods USA LLC Privacy Notice for California applicants, please visit our Corporate website associated section by clicking (English) or (Spanish).
Apply for the job now!