Job title: Marketing, Sales & Membership Engagement Officer
Company: University of Toronto
Expected salary: $76284 per year
Location: Toronto, ON
Marketing, Sales & Membership Engagement Officer Job Details:
Date Posted: 07/28/2023
Req ID: 33095
Faculty/Division: VP & Provost
Department: Hart House
Campus: St. George (Downtown Toronto)
Position Number: 00054898
About us – Hart House
Hart House is a centre for experiential education outside the classroom at the University of Toronto. Since it opened in 1919, Hart House functions as a place where students, faculty, staff, alumni and members of the broader community connect with each other and the world. Through an array of co-curricular programming in the arts, dialogue and wellness, Hart House works with local and international partners to foster community and to create innovative learning opportunities for students. Hart House operates from a historic facility on the St. George campus, as well as a 150-acre farm in Caledon, Ontario, offering a wide range of services through a social enterprise model that generates revenue to support its student-focused programming on all three University of Toronto campuses.
About Us – Recreation and Wellness
The department promotes recreation and wellness by providing a safe and inclusive environment and by delivering diverse programming. Recreation and Wellness at Hart House ensures students and members reflecting a diversity of racial and gender identities, sexual orientations, and a wide array of ability levels, can engage in a variety of fitness, recreational and wellness activities. Through outstanding facilities, programs and customer service, the department contributes to revenue generation and membership retention.
Under the guidance of the Director of Fitness, Wellness & Recreation, the Marketing, Sales & Membership Engagement Officer is responsible for developing and Implementing marketing plans to promote Hart House Fitness Centre programs, events and initiatives that support strategic objectives, business development plans and that drive revenue generation. The incumbent will implement digital communication plans across a broad range of marketing and communication channels as well as fostering relationships with key stakeholder and partners.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing marketing plans to promote programs, events and/or initiatives that support strategic objectives.
- Developing marketing plans to support business development and revenue-generating strategies and/or activities.
- Directing the activities of a single ongoing Staff-appointed employee.
- Keeping well informed on Market trends and competitor environments.
- Producing promotional and outreach materials.
- Advising on strategies to align websites with marketing/communication objectives.
- Implementing social media campaigns.
- Analyzing sales packages offered to clients and recommending changes to increase business.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably with a specialization in communications, digital communications, journalism, media, public relations or a related-discipline or acceptable combination of equivalent education, training and/or experience.
- Minimum five years of progressive experience, preferred in a professional/corporate marketing & communications role.
- Experience with the strategic development and effective implementation of initiatives designed to generate revenue and engage a diverse community.
- Experience in managing marketing and communication initiatives from ideation to execution across multiple channels including web, email, social media and print.
- Ability to create memorable and compelling communications across different channels to drive awareness and customer engagement.
- Exhibits superior written communication skills and attention to details, creativity and has a thorough understanding of best practices in digital communications and social media.
- Experience in content marketing and social media strategies and channels (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn).
- Data management and analysis skills.
- Experience analyzing customer feedback, market research, and results data to evaluate initiatives and make recommendations.
- Must be capable of developing collaborative relationships with a wide variety of individuals, groups and key stakeholders across the University.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, website software and presentation tools.
- Experience using ExpressionEngine or a similar content management system for website management.
- Experience in supervising employees and/or work-study staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well at all levels of an organization and interact confidently with Leadership.
- Candidates are expected to show evidence of a commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion, and the promotion of a respectful and collegial learning and working environment.
- Ability to work independently and seek out opportunities for contributions, identify needs and take initiative to get projects started and accomplish objectives.
- Experience working in recreation and wellness and/or in a post-secondary environment is strong asset.
- Agency experience is preferred.
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Achievement oriented
- Motivated self-learner
Closing Date: 08/13/2023, 11:59PM ET
Employee Group: USW
Appointment Type: Budget – Continuing
Schedule: Full-Time. Your regular hours of work will be a variable schedule including weekday, evening, weekends and occasional overtime.
Pay Scale Group & Hiring Zone:
USW Pay Band 13 — $76,284 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $97,556. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
Job Category: Communication/Media/Public Relations
Recruiter: Maggie Ng
Lived Experience Statement
Candidates who are members of Indigenous, Black, racialized and 2SLGBTQ+ communities, persons with disabilities, and other equity deserving groups are encouraged to apply, and their lived experience shall be taken into consideration as applicable to the posted position.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
The University of Toronto embraces Diversity and is building a culture of belonging that increases our capacity to effectively address and serve the interests of our global community. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, Black and racialized persons, women, persons with disabilities, and people of diverse sexual and gender identities. We value applicants who have demonstrated a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that diverse perspectives, experiences, and expertise are essential to strengthening our academic mission.
As part of your application, you will be asked to complete a brief Diversity Survey. This survey is voluntary. Any information directly related to you is confidential and cannot be accessed by search committees or human resources staff. Results will be aggregated for institutional planning purposes. For more information, please see .
The University strives to be an equitable and inclusive community, and proactively seeks to increase diversity among its community members. Our values regarding equity and diversity are linked with our unwavering commitment to excellence in the pursuit of our academic mission.
The University is committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). As such, we strive to make our recruitment, assessment and selection processes as accessible as possible and provide accommodations as required for applicants with disabilities.
If you require any accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact .
Apply for the job now!