Job title: Regenerative Rancher/Farmer
Company: VG Meats
Expected salary: $15 – 25 per hour
Location: Simcoe, ON
Regenerative Rancher/Farmer Job Details:
Are you an individual with experience in the farming industry and are familiar with practices involved with Regenerative Farming and/or Holistic Management? VG Meats, Rowe Farm and Olliffe are looking for a Regenerative Rancher/Farmer for their Ontario Farms!
The Regenerative Rancher/Farmer will be an individual who will demonstrate the necessary qualities to perform this position with care, attention to detail, and organization. The Regenerative Rancher/Farmer will perform daily tasks aimed at promoting conservation and a rehabilitative approach to food and farming systems. Develop your CAREER with us!
Why you should work for this group
- Wage Range: Dependent upon the level of regeneration you would like to contribute to! $15 to $25/hr
- 25% off employee discount
- A growing company offering many learning experiences
- We are working on social regeneration in our organization. Personal development plans, organizational health index surveys and peer assessments are being used to make this the organization that we want!
What you will do as the Regenerative Rancher/Farmer:
- Manage grasslands through holistic planned grazing
- Monitor ecosystem processes to evaluate that decisions are achieving the intended outcomes
- Feed and tend livestock keeping them moving for much of the year
- Operate and maintain farm vehicles, machinery and equipment
- Monitor and maintain the health of the animals
- Set, monitor, and maintain water lines, airflow and temperature in barns, pens and chicken coops
- Clean stables, barns, livestock trailers, barnyards, coops and pens.
- Adhere to and abide by all Health and Safety rules, regulations and procedures.
- Look for opportunities to increase abundance and grow food for Ontarians
- Work independently and/or with others in a team environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to take direction and/or make decisions on own as required
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Good work ethic and organization skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- There are no specific education or training requirements. However, a college certificate or specialized courses related to farming, such as farm equipment mechanics, agricultural welding, tree pruning, woodlot management, etc. would be beneficial.
- A course or certificate in first aid may be required.
About VG Meats, Rowe Farms, and Olliffe:
VG Meats’ purpose is to improve the regenerative potential in the food and agricultural systems in a way that restores land produces nutrient-rich foods, engages customers, and supports a healthy organization so that our communities lead healthier and fulfilled lives.
VG Meats is an equal opportunity employer and accommodation will be provided during the interviewing and hiring processes.
Job Type: Full-time
Wage Range: $15.00 – $ 25.00/hr
Please Note: Our recruitment team will send a Bryq assessment to your email address listed as the next action in our hiring process. Further consideration requires the timely completion of the assessment.
Powered by JazzHR
Apply for the job now!