Job title: Dietitian II – Forensic Psychiatric Hospital, BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services
Company: Provincial Health Services Authority
Expected salary: $41.14 – 51.36 per hour
Location: Port Coquitlam, BC
Dietitian II – Forensic Psychiatric Hospital, BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services Job Details:
BC Mental Health and Substance Use Services
Port Coquitlam, BC
What you’ll do
- Conduct comprehensive nutritional assessments of patients within the context of substance dependence and mental health utilizing advanced knowledge and expertise.
- Develop and implement individual nutrition care plans based upon comprehensive assessments, utilizing appropriate standards and guidelines, and incorporating the individual client’s lifecycle stages, culture, and religion to ensure nutritional requirements are met. Document the nutrition care plan and provide recommendations at each stage of the nutrition care process according to established guidelines. Complete and maintain appropriate records for activities including workload statistics and patient databases.
- Monitor patient response to the nutrition care plan through methods such as reviewing metabolic parameters, nutrient intake, weight and body composition, and adjust care plans as required. Consult with the patient/family, the physician and share information with other health care professionals as appropriate regarding the patient’s response to the plan and ability to meet goals.
- Provide individual counselling and group education sessions regarding the interrelationship between mental health, addiction and nutrition for clients and their families. Provide practical nutrition knowledge to support and promote strategies for healthy eating for men and women throughout the lifecycle.
- Identify patient’s needs for services and make appropriate referrals or develop alternative strategies for support, education and follow up.
What you bring
- Graduation from an academic program in Dietetics approved by the College of Dietitians of British Columbia.
- Full registration with the College of Dietitians of British Columbia with Restricted Activity A and C
- Two (2) years recent, related clinical experience in substance use, mental health and chronic disease plus nutrition counselling training (such as motivational enhancement therapy) or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Awareness of and commitment to learning and understanding the Truth & Reconciliation Commission’s 94 Calls to Action (2015), In Plain Sight Report (2020), BC’s Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019), and other related reports.
- Commitment to upholding the shared responsibility of creating lasting and meaningful reconciliation in Canada as per TRC (2015) and BC’s Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples Act (2019).
- As a strong asset for consideration, we are looking for our successful candidate to have: Knowledge of social, economic, political and historical realities impacting indigenous communities and familiarity with Indigenous Cultural Safety and anti-racism and accompanying reports (BC DRIPA, TRC, etc.)
What we bring
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth, development, and recognition programs that honour the commitment and contribution of all employees.
- Access to professional development opportunities through our in-house training programs, including +2,000 courses, such as our San’yas Indigenous Cultural Safety Training course, or Core Linx for Leadership roles.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan, and psychological health & safety programs and holistic wellness resources.
- Annual statutory holidays (13) with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- PHSA is a remote work friendly employer, welcoming flexible work options to support our people (eligibility may vary, depending on position).
- Access to WorkPerks, a premium discount program offering a wide range of local and national discounts on electronics, entertainment, dining, travel, wellness, apparel, and more.
Job Type: Regular Full-Time (1.00 FTE)
Wage: $41.14 – $51.36 per hour.
Location: 70 Colony Farm Road, Port Coquitlam BC V3C 5X9
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 0800-1600
As per the current Public Health Order, full vaccination against COVID-19 is a condition of employment with PHSA as of October 26, 2021.
What we do
BC Mental Health & Substance Use Services (BCMHSUS) bcmhsus.ca cares for people with complex mental health and substance use challenges.
Provincial Health Services Authority ( ) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs:
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
ATTN: PHSA Employees:
To be considered as a PHSA employee (internal applicant) for this position, you must apply online via your internal profile at
Please note the internal job posting will no longer be accessible after the expiry date of July 3, 2023. If the internal job posting has expired, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk and advise that you would like to be considered as a late internal applicant for this position. Please do not apply for the external job posting.
If you have not registered your internal profile, a password is required to log in for the first time. To obtain your password, please contact the Internal Jobs Help Desk at 604-875-7264 or 1-855-875-7264. Please note regular business hours are Monday – Friday (excluding stats), 8:30am to 4:30pm. For inquiries outside of regular business hours, please email the Internal Jobs Help Desk at and a Help Desk Representative will contact you the next business day.
Labor Agreement Health Science Professionals
Requisition # 147849E-2401122
Work Site 70 Colony Farm Road, Port Coquitlam BC V3C 5X9
Job Type Regular, Full-Time
Salary/Rate $41.14 – $51.36 / Hour
Hours of Work 08:00 -16:00
Work Days Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri
Expiry Date 22-Jul-2023
Apply for the job now!