Research Molecular Biologist/Geneticist (Research Associate)
DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE – AGENCY WIDE
Agricultural Research Service
Open & closing dates: 11/24/2021 to 11/23/2022
Salary: $69,505 – $90,362 per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 11
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Research and training opportunities for prospective and experienced molecular biologists or geneticists with a background in data analysis, computer science, biostatistics, bioinformatics, statistics, or related fields who are motivated to work in a collaborative research environment Advancing Data Science in.
U.S. citizens and permanent residents seeking U.S. citizenship are eligible to apply.
Research Molecular Biologist Geneticist Duties:
- Genotype diploid oat germplasm and populations.
- Phenotype diploid oat germplasm and populations for rust resistance.
- Map disease resistance and other traits on diploid oat germplasm and populations by GWAS or QTL mapping.
- Develop germplasm for introgression of important genes and fine map/clone critical genes.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of a background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Direct Deposit: Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit E-Verify at https://www.e-verify.gov/.
- Appropriations Law and Immigration Law requirements must be met.
- A valid, U.S. state-issued motor vehicle driver’s license is required to travel to local field sites and research farms.
This position requires a recent Ph.D. degree in molecular biology or genetics or a related field of study, providing the candidate with the knowledge, skills, How You Will Be Evaluated and competencies necessary to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position. Knowledge of computer coding skills such as R or Python is highly required.
Applicants must meet the basic requirements of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Science Discipline Eligibility Criteria to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
This position has an active educational requirement. When applying for this position, you must submit a copy of your transcript or a list of college coursework that includes credits, dates of completion, and grades earned to verify your educational attainment. If this information is not provided, your education may not be adequately assessed and you may lose consideration for the position. If you are selected for this position. If you are selected for this position, you will have to provide an official copy of your transcripts prior to entering duty. Application materials will not be returned.
A Ph.D. is required that was obtained within the last four years.
How You Will Be Evaluated:
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Your application will be evaluated to determine if you meet eligibility and minimum qualification requirements, and the extent to which your application shows that you possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) associated with the position as defined above under “Qualifications”.
Note: If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities, or you may be found ineligible. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Providing inaccurate information on Federal documents could be grounds for non-selection or disciplinary action up to including removal from the Federal service.
Clicking the link below will present a preview of the application form; i.e. the online questionnaire. The application form link below will only provide a preview and does not initiate the application process. To initiate the online application process, click the “Apply” button to the right.
To view the application form, visit: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11298928