Quality Assurance Specialist Job Open & closing dates 10/21/2022 to 10/27/2022
Salary $79,363 – $103,176 per year
Pay scale & grade GS 12
Location 1 vacancy in the following
location: Manhattan, KS
This position is located within the USDA, ARS, Field Organization, Plains Area, National Bio and Agro-Defense Facility, Facilities Engineering Unit, in Manhattan, KS.
In this position, you will plan, develop and manage facility projects with specific emphasis on the quality management system to meet customer, ARS, regulatory, and certification or accreditation requirements.
Quality Assurance Specialist Duties:
- Assures compliance with the defined standards or regulations and participates in audits by regulatory agencies.
- Monitors and assesses the effectiveness of the Facilities quality assurance program activities through the QMS software, observations, and regular reviews to ensure compliance standards are met.
- Participates in the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), work instructions, policies, and new standards, as appropriate.
- Oversees and provides technical advice and support on quality management and quality assurance concerning in-depth Facilities related requirements.
- Ensures Facilities’ quality requirements and necessary paperwork are completed, reviewed, delivered, and retained in a timely and accurate manner.
- US Citizen or US National.
- Males born after December 31, 1959, must be registered or exempt from the military service registry.
- Subject to satisfactory assessment of background check and/or fingerprint check.
- Successful completion of the one-year trial period unless previously completed.
- Direct Deposit: Public Law 104-134 requires all federal employees to make federal payments to their financial institutions through direct deposit.
- Successfully passed E-Verify Employment Verification. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit https://www.e-verify.gov/
- A car or commercial driver’s license is required.
- A drug test is required.
- Vaccination is required.
- Specific physical requirements/requirements (will be wearing a fully encapsulated suit)
- The position requires a SAC and a full background check.
- Security Risk Assessment (SRA) requires Department of Justice (DOJ) approval.
- Vaccinations may be required.
- The respirator needs to be customized and certified.
Quality Assurance Specialist Qualifications:
Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement including time-in-grade restrictions, specialized experience, and/or education, as defined below:
Time-in grade: Current federal employees applying for a promotion opportunity must meet the time-in-grade (TIG) requirement of 52 weeks of service at the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the position being filled.
Specialized Experience: Specialized experience is experienced directly related to the position to be filled. Specialized experience must be described for each grade level advertised. The specialized experience requirements for this position are: Qualifying experience for GS-12 includes one year of specialized experience comparable to GS-11 which is directly related to the work of this position and which has equipped the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. For this position, specialized experience is experiencing overseeing, planning, and evaluating a quality compliance program; developing and implementing practices and programs for a biological laboratory facility; and obtaining or modifying services for a facility.
The work is primarily performed in an office environment and biocontainment laboratories. Work requires some physical exertion related to frequent inspections such as walking, standing, climbing, bending, stretching, carrying small and light objects, and working around machinery and equipment. Travel may be required.
In performing work in laboratories, the work involves exposure to the risks and hazards of harmful biological, chemical, and physical agents. The incumbent is required to adhere to special safety, health, and biosecurity regulations.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
- CTAP candidates must be rated and determined to be well qualified (or above) based on an evaluation of the competencies listed in the How You Will Be Evaluated section.
- Farm Service Agency (FSA) County Employees: Permanent County employees without prior Federal tenure who are selected for a Civil Service position under Public Law 105-277 will be given a career-conditional appointment and must serve a 1-year probationary period.
- Selectee must submit to a urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to the appointment and random testing thereafter.
- Final appointment and continued employment is conditional on negative results for illegal drug use.
How You Will Be Evaluated:
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
You will be evaluated based on your qualifications for this position as evidenced by the experience, education, and training you described in your application package, as well as the responses to the Assessment Questionnaire to determine the degree to which you possess the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies listed below:
- Quality Assurance
- Failure to submit required, legible documents may result in loss of consideration.
- A resume that includes: 1) personal information such as name, address, and contact information; 2) education; 3) detailed work experience related to this position as described in the major duties including work schedule, hours worked per week, dates of employment; title, series, grade (if applicable); 4) other qualifications.
- Most recent non-award Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50) showing you are/were in competitive service, highest grade held (or promotion potential) on a permanent basis, position title, series, and grade, AND Current permanent FSA County employees.
- Must submit your most recent non-award Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50) showing your highest grade (or promotion potential) held on a permanent basis, position title, series, and grade, AND most recent performance appraisal (dated within 18 months) per the above.
How to Apply for a Quality Assurance Specialist Job:
Please read the entire announcement and all instructions before you begin. You must complete this application process and submit all required documents electronically by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the closing date of this announcement.
Applying online is highly encouraged. We are available to assist you during business hours (normally 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday – Friday). If applying online poses a hardship, contact the Agency Contact listed below well before the closing date for an alternate method. All hardship application packages must be complete and submitted no later than noon ET on the closing date of the announcement to be entered into the system prior to its closing.
This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis; contact the Agency Contact to request this.
To begin, click “Apply” and follow the instructions to complete the Assessment Questionnaire and attach your resume and all required documents.
NOTE: Please verify that the documents you are uploading from USAJOBs transfer into the Agency’s staffing system as there is a limitation to the number of documents that can be transferred. However, once in the Agency’s staffing system, you will have the opportunity to upload additional documents. Uploaded resumes must be less than 5MB and in one of the following document formats: GIF, JPG, JPEG, PNG, RTF, PDF, TXT, or Word (DOC or DOCX). Do not upload Adobe Portfolio documents because they are not viewable.