Farm Labor Picker $17.51 per hour
Location: Aromas, CA
Company: Orozco Farms
Farm Labor Picker Qualifications
- Must be able to identify ripe fruit color
- Must stand, sit, crouch, bend, reach, lift, and carry items weighing up to 30 pounds in the course of performing required activities
- Pick and weed in strawberry fields
- Use hand tools, till the soil, and apply fertilizers
- Transplant, weed, thin, and prune crops
- Weeding will be mostly by hand as weeds grow very close to the strawberry plants
- All wedding work will follow Federal regulations described in 3456
- Workers will also perform duties associated with and directly related to fieldwork, including but not limited to packing strawberries, closing/stacking boxes in and around the field, and cleaning up functions in and around the field
- Such work will be temporary and unsubstantial
- Daily individual work assignments will be made by, and at the sole discretion of, the Employer as the need of the operation dictate
- Employees must perform the assigned work and work at the assigned fieldwork site, and may not switch assignments without the specific authorization of a company supervisor.
- Picking and weeding in the strawberry field. Use hand tools to plow the soil and spread fertilizer. Repot plants, pull out weeds, thin out, and prune.
- Weeding is mostly done by hand, as weeds grow very close to the strawberry seedlings.
- All weeding operations are conducted in accordance with federal regulations outlined in 3456. handheld tools. Workers perform duties related to or directly related to field work, including but not limited to packing strawberries, closing/stacking crates in and around the field, and cleaning work in and around the field.
- Such work is temporary and insignificant. May require tractor work.
- Employees must be able to discern the color of ripe fruit. Work takes place outdoors and can be exposed to the sun, wind, mud, dust, heat, cold, and other elements of the normal field environment.
- Temperatures during employment will range from 20 degrees Fahrenheit to 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Employees must have clothing and footwear suitable for the job and the working conditions described.
- This work may include exposure to plant pollen, poisonous plants, and field and plant material treated with insect and/or disease control sprays.
- Employees must stand, sit, crouch, bend, grab, lift, and carry objects weighing up to 30 pounds while performing required activities.
- Employees must listen, understand and follow the instructions of their company supervisors and managers.
- Daily individual work assignments are made by the employer and at the sole discretion of the employer according to business needs. An employee must perform the assigned work and work in the assigned field of her service location and cannot change duties without the express approval of the company manager.
- Employees may be reassigned to different locations during different hours and/or different days of the workday.
- Due to agricultural work, the start and end times may vary.