Student Trainee Agricultural Programs
Open & closing dates: 10/14/2022 to 11/03/2022
Salary: $29,507 – $36,142 per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 2 – 4
Location: 1 vacancy in the following location Warwick, R
Student Trainee Agricultural Programs Duties:
- Perform various responsibilities within the FSA related to the implementation of agricultural program work.
- Receive on-the-job training for any program or activity conducted at a state or territory FSA office.
- Assignments are designed to give students practical application of the knowledge and skills acquired during the formal training phase of the course.
- Track, maintain and report on the status of assigned projects.
- Record recommendations in an electronic tracking system.
- Greet and welcome visitors.
- Send, receive and distribute correspondence.
- Ability to prepare award documentation to ensure award packages are complete and correct.
- You must be a US Citizen or US National.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
- Must be in good academic standing as defined by your academic institution.
- Complete at least 640 hours of work experience prior to completion of degree.
- Enrolled at least half-time at a qualifying educational institution.
- A signed participant agreement is required for employment under Pathways.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of a background investigation and/or fingerprint check. If selected you will be sent instructions on obtaining fingerprints. Please note we are not able to reimburse any fees incurred for fingerprints.
- Successful completion of a two-year trial period.
- Direct Deposit: Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit https://www.e-verify.gov/
- Duty Location may change during the internship based on training needs or upon conversion.
- This position requires the incumbent to possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled (or admitted) as a credentialed or graduate student at a qualified accredited educational institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education;
- In the case of their educational institution, applicants must be enrolled at least half-time;
- Whether you are planning or pursuing a certificate or degree related to advertising internship opportunities. Relevant fields of education for this position include, but are not limited to: Economics, Agricultural Economics, Marketing, Business Administration, Animal or Poultry Science/Husbandry, Agronomy, Soil Science, or related courses involving agricultural production and distribution. This allows candidates to be eligible to meet the transition requirements outlined in the job posting upon completion.
- The assignment of the position must be related to the academic field of study or the student’s professional interests.