Job title: Senior Associate, Government Contract Advisory
Location: Baltimore, MD
Senior Associate, Government Contract Advisory Job Details:
The Government Contractor Advisory Senior Associate works on client projects to assist federal contractors with compliance, financial analysis, regulatory research and interpretation, audit support, and other related activities. This position is also responsible for acting as the client contact for basic questions and information and may be involved in gap assessments, compliance reviews, litigation support engagements and more.
- Provides direct and indirect cost rate structure design and analysis
- Assists Partners with client proposals, which includes but is not limited to providing and negotiating equitable adjustment and termination claims as well as providing strategic pricing assistance, analyzes Requests for Proposals (RFPs), and prepares cost volumes
- Develops and submits interpretation of Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) to Manager
- Prepares Disclosure Statements for Manager review
- Analyzes compliance issues related to the Service Contract Act (SCA) and submits findings to the appropriate Manager to be addressed with client
- Reviews and develops client policies and procedures related to accounting, contracts and pricing
- Prepares incurred cost submissions upon request from client
- Works with General Services Administration (GSA) Schedules to prepare offers or optional renewal packages as well as evaluating compliance and pricing risks
- Aids in firm development activities and other marketing initiatives including but not limited to attending trade shows, networking, developing internal and external practice development opportunities and identifying cross servicing opportunities
- Other duties as required
- Assists in the workload supervision and scheduling, development, and training of Associates and Interns
- Reviews and evaluates work prepared by Associates and Interns
- Trains associates and interns on how to use current software tools and consulting methodology
- Provides verbal and written performance feedback to Associates and Interns
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree, required
- Focus in Accounting or Finance, preferred
- Two (2) or more years of relevant federal contracting experience, required
- Experience with FAR, DFARS, CAS and/or other federal contracting regulations, preferred
- CPA or CFE, preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, required
- SQL, preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, specifically business / report writing
- Strong analytical and basic research skills
- Solid organizational skills especially ability to meet project deadlines with a focus on details
- Ability to successfully multi-task while working independently or within a group environment
- Proven ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense FAR Supplement (DFARS) Business Systems and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
- Ability to follow and apply specific rules and regulations
- Proactive and able to work with limited supervision
- US citizenship required
BDO delivers assurance, tax, digital technology solutions and financial advisory services to clients throughout the country and around the globe. We offer numerous industry-specific practices, world-class resources, and an unparalleled commitment to meeting our clients’ needs. We currently serve more than 400 publicly traded domestic and international clients.
- Unparalleled partner-involvement
- Deep industry knowledge and participation
- Geographic coverage across the U.S.
- Cohesive global network
- Focused capabilities across disciplines
BDO brings world-class resources and exceptional service to each and every one of our clients. BDO USA is a member of BDO International, the world’s fifth largest accounting network.
BDO offers a competitive Total Rewards package that encompass so much more than – “traditional benefits”. Our wide range of rewards and our employees’ ability to customize rewards to their individual needs are two of the reasons why BDO has been honored with so many workplace awards, including 100 Best Companies for Working Parents, Working Mother 100 Best Companies, Top Entry Level Employer, 2022 National Best & Brightest Companies to Work For and more.
Some examples of our Total Rewards offerings include:
- Competitive pay and eligibility for an annual performance bonus.
- A 401k plan plus an employer match
- Comprehensive, medical, dental, vision, FSA, and prescription insurance from day one
- Competitive Paid Time Off with daily accrual from day one of employment, plus paid holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Firm paid life insurance
- Wellness programs
- Additional offerings include BDO Flex, Group Legal insurance, Pet insurance and Long-Term Care Insurance
Above offerings may be subject to eligibility requirements.
Apply for the job now!