Job title: Senior Firmware Developer
Expected salary: $98000 – 142000 per year
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Senior Firmware Developer Job Details:
- Develop your career by joining an established company
- Enjoy an annual salary of $98k-142k, based on education, skills, and experience, plus great benefits
- Become a valuable addition to our new Electronics team
About Bourgault Industries
Bourgault Industries is a leading global manufacturer of technologically advanced seeding & tillage equipment, with headquarters in Saskatchewan. Our mission is to design, manufacture and distribute the highest quality, most durable, and reliable farm equipment in the world, that meets and exceeds the expectations of our valued customers.
We are committed to the continuous development of our team members and innovation in developing our products. We recognize that our employees are the backbone of what we do and the important role they play in contributing to our success.
To learn more about our company, please visit our .
About the Opportunity
We are looking for an experienced Senior Firmware Developer to join our Electronics team based in Saskatoon, SK on a full-time basis. A hybrid or remote work arrangement may be considered for the right candidate. Occasional travel to the main production facility in St. Brieux or various test locations may be required.
As part of our fast-paced electronics development team, you will design and implement software for embedded devices, with a focus on designing new concept seeding equipment that will add value for our customers.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Implement firmware for custom embedded systems and integrate/test with our agricultural products
- Develop software to control electrical-hydraulic systems
- Develop board support packages for our embedded products
- Isolate and debug hardware circuits and driver issues
- Evaluate and implement sensing technology, algorithms, and actuators
- Assist with concept development of new products and projects
- Conduct tests of sensing technology, algorithms, and actuators
- Ensure safe operation of systems
- Assist with prototype assembly, testing, and problem-solving
- Assist in the planning, management, guidance, and administration of both projects and staff
- Communicate with other teams (purchasing, vendors, manufacturing, service, etc.) for new product integration
- Communicate with dealers and customers for feedback and input on product
To qualify, you will need 7+ years of experience in the development of embedded software, and strong C/C++ software development skills. Experience in the agricultural industry is strongly preferred.
The following will be strong assets in successfully performing this role:
- Degree in Engineering/CS, or a related field
- Advanced knowledge of embedded platforms
- Experience with embedded operating systems and BSPs, ex: FreeRTOS, Linux/Yocto, NVIDIA JetPack
- ARM and other processor and microcontroller experience
- Familiar with hydraulic control, electric motor control, and displays
- Ability to independently develop software development plans, including timelines and test procedures
- Understanding of software architecture and lifecycle
- Experience with typical embedded peripherals, ex: PWM, GPIO, I2C, SPI, CAN, UART, MMC, UDP, TCPI/IP, ADC, etc.
- Machine learning and machine vision experience
- loT and cloud connectivity (Azure, AWS) experience
As our ideal candidate, you have strong organizational skills and the capacity to excel both autonomously and collaboratively within a team. You possess effective interpersonal and communication skills, in order to develop relationships with a variety of stakeholders. Your critical and analytical thinking skills are essential in order to tackle challenges and drive informed decision-making – if you revel in hands-on work within a self-directed setting, you will thrive in this position.
About the Benefits
As a valued member of our team, you can look forward to an attractive annual salary ranging from $98k-142k + performance-based bonus, based on skills and experience, plus great benefits, including:
- Performance-based pay increases and production bonus
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Relocation/rental subsidy (when applicable)
- Company-wide profit-sharing plan
- Fuel subsidy allowance
- Travel Insurance
- Life insurance, short-term & long-term disability insurance
- Individual Health Spending Account
- Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan with company-matching RRSP contributions
- Flex/time in lieu
- Annual Personal Protective Equipment allowance
- On-site fitness centers for employees and family members
- Career guidance/counseling
- Comprehensive Health & Safety Program
- Training & Educational Assistance
- Regular staff BBQs, holiday parties, and employee appreciation events!
If you are a critical thinker looking for a challenging and dynamic role within an innovative team – apply now!
Apply for the job now!