Job title: Senior Manager, Labour Relations
Company: Compass Group
Senior Manager, Labour Relations Job Details:
You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Reporting to the Senior Director, Labour Relations, you will serve in the capacity of trusted consultant and subject matter expert through the delivery of advisory services to senior leaders and front-line managers across the Company. In this role, you will be expected to present the capabilities and professionalism to act as lead spokesperson for the Company during collective bargaining negotiations and as direct support in a decision-making capacity to advance the interests of the Company during negotiations. You will direct, manage and lead complaints through the grievance process.
How you will make an impact:
- You will manage a considerable portfolio and work in partnership with your colleagues in the same role to deliver client-focused advice involving matters flowing from collective agreements, and policies and procedures consistent with the practices, values and priorities of the Company.
- You will demonstrate leadership and influence decision-makers on the basis of your approach to client engagement and your depth of knowledge in labour and employee relations.
- You will lead and manage grievance files from start to finish, providing the Company with exceptional judgement, acuity and expertise that will influence decisions on key matters.
- You will lead the full cycle collective bargaining process by acting as the lead spokesperson during negotiations and supporting the implementation of collective agreements once complete.
- You will represent the Company in settings that require engagement, consultation and negotiations with union representatives and external partners secured to support certain matters.
- Where necessary, you will support broader Company activities and projects that require labour and employee relations expertise, including but not limited to policy development, training initiatives, and compliance programming.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a university degree or college diploma with specialization in Labour/Industrial Relations, Business, Law
- Minimum of five (5) years’ related experience with direct responsibilities for a labour relations portfolio.
- Experience as a lead spokesperson during negotiations.
- Knowledge and experience working with relevant legislation
- A combination of direct work experience and training may substitute for academic requirements.
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact for further information.
Apply for the job now!