Job title: Senior Sponsorship Specialist
Location: Toronto, ON
Job description: This role required the candidate to permanently relocate to Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
About the Company
This company engages in the exploration, production, transportation, and sale of crude oil and natural gas. It operates through the following segments: Upstream, Downstream, and Corporate. The Upstream segment includes crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids exploration, field development, and production. The Downstream segment focuses on refining, logistics, power generation, and the marketing of crude oil, petroleum and petrochemical products, and related services to international and domestic customers. The Corporate segment offers supporting services including human resources, finance, and information technology. The company was founded on May 29, 1933 and is headquartered in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
Senior Sponsorship Specialist Job Summary
Responsible for the management and activation of major global sponsorship properties, delivering against KPIs, maximizing value from the partnership, ensuring strategic alignment and support of the achievement of business and brand objectives, building internal support and involvement in the partnership.
- Be the primary point of contact for sponsorship management and marketing teams
- Ensure adherence to sponsorship policy and procedures, and communicate best practices
- Develop and measure sponsorship marketing strategies and plans
- Manage projects and ensure timely execution within budget
- Coach and support team members through training plans and development
- Drive development of marketing campaigns to support partnerships
- Develop tools to facilitate sponsorship activations
- Coordinate evaluation of sponsorship activations and communicate findings
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations and identity guidelines
- Manage IP and creative approvals for sponsorship communications
- Hold quarterly business review meetings to measure activities against objectives
- Provide expertise and support for contract negotiations
- Consult on development and implementation of activation strategy and plans
Senior Sponsorship Specialist Requirements:
- Willing to permanently relocate at Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
- Bachelor’s /advanced degree preferred
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience in Marketing/ Sport Marketing & Sponsorship
- Significant experience in sponsorship marketing with strong bias towards delivering successful domestic and international sponsorship marketing programs.
- Has successfully led partnerships exceeding $20MM in annual value.
- Must have worked in an international environment, familiarity with culture and values is a paramount importance
- Strong financial management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal, persuasive and presentation skills
- Travel flexibility
- Strong project management skills