Job title: Sleep Technician – Casual
Company: Burnside War Memorial Hospital
Location: Toorak Gardens, SA
Sleep Technician – Casual Job Details:
Sleep Technician, Casual
Evening & overnight duty shifts
- Continue your career in a progressive not-for-profit community hospital
- Be a part of a highly collaborative workplace here to support you
- Enjoy excellent remuneration, flexible salary packaging & access to employee wellness program
Burnside Hospital is one of Adelaide’s most popular private hospitals, with an outstanding reputation, some of the most skilled and well-regarded doctors and specialists in Adelaide, state-of-the-art equipment and modern facilities.
Burnside Hospital is a values-driven, not-for-profit community hospital with a passion to care for our community. We provide safe, contemporary care for every patient, every time. We know our people are pivotal to our achievement of strategic objectives and create the patient-experience every day.
About the Role
The Burnside Hospital Sleep Centre provides a clinical service in the diagnosis and management of sleep disorders in adults. An opportunity has become available for a sleep technician to join our team of professionals. This position available is Casual and involves the set-up and monitoring of patients undergoing diagnostic and treatment sleep studies.
The successful applicant must be prepared to work evenings (1900 – 2200) and overnight shifts (1930 – 0730). The centre operates up to seven (7) nights per week. Previous experience in a diagnostic sleep centre will be highly regarded but is not essential, as training will be provided to the right applicant. Availability to cover shifts at short notice would be an advantage.
You share our values. You want to work as a part of a dynamic team. You have a flexible and proactive approach to work and above all, you embrace and are committed to quality patient care.
- Excellent communication skills and be able to communicate in a professional and confident manner
- Competent organisation and time management skills, including the ability to prioritise, plan, and organise own work
- Strong computer literacy skills
- Good troubleshooting/problem solving skills
- Reliable and able to work independently as well as part of an integrated team
- Willingness towards ongoing development of skills and knowledge
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent is considered an advantage (Physiology, Applied Health, Health Sciences)
- Experience in a Sleep Centre or Clinic is preferable
If you are looking for the kind of opportunity this role offers
where you can utilise your skills and passion to
provide excellent patient-centred care, we want to hear from you.
Please complete the application process by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ button,
upload your resume along with a one page covering letter (please upload as one document)
addressing your current skill level, experience, knowledge and interest in fulfilling this role.
Appointments are made subject to a satisfactory working with children check and pre-employment health assessment.
Burnside Hospital has a duty of care under work health and safety legislation to eliminate and/or control the risk of transmission of vaccine preventable diseases in healthcare settings.
You will be required to provide us with your immunisation status details.
No recruitment agency please.
Burnside is your hospital
Apply for the job now!