Job title: Visual Lead-west elm Outlet Asheville, NC
Location: Asheville, NC
Visual Lead-west elm Outlet Asheville, NC Job Details:
We hope you’re interested in building a home with us. Even if you don’t feel that you meet every requirement listed in this job description, we still encourage you to apply.
About the Team
Our mission is to enhance the quality of our customers’ lives at home. We put the customer at the center of everything we do, every day. Our corporate values that guide our actions and decisions are our People First culture, customers, quality, shareholders, integrity, and corporate responsibility.
Overview of the Lead, Visual role
You will provide daily support to the management team by performing opening and closing routines, providing supervision to ensure store is meeting financial goals and associates are providing World-Class service to our guest. You will perform operational functions in the assigned area of accountability Sales to ensure the store meets company expectations.
· Effectively perform operational functions: open and close the store, register functions and back office procedures
· Ensure store meets visual, replenishment, cleanliness, safety and back of house standards during manager- on-duty shifts
· Effectively perform the Selling Captain role, serving as a role model for sales associates in sales generation and customer service by making the customer experience the priority
· Utilize Selling Essentials and training resources to educate team on product, improve selling skills, and achieve business goals
· Provide training and coaching expertise to associates in selling, product knowledge, clienteling and in- home services
· Maintain an environment where all associates are treated fairly and with dignity and respect, in accordance with our People First Philosophy
· Effective communication, organization and leadership skills
· Proven ability to motivate and influence others through personal actions and examples.
· Ability to be active, standing, walking, bending, climbing, reaching and lifting for extended periods of time, required throughout the workday
· 1-3 years retail sales experience with shift supervision experience preferred
· 1-2 years experience in home related design, visual merchandising, or stockroom responsibilities preferred (specialty retail preferred, but not required).
· Must be able to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time
· Must be able to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 75 lbs., while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques
· Full time associates are expected to have open availability to meet the needs of the business.
· Part-Time Flex associates must be available to work a minimum of 15 hours per week, including two regularly scheduled shifts on the weekend (Saturday and Sunday) and two during the week (Monday to Friday). Associates must be available for annual inventory and entire holiday season (November and December). Weekend availability cannot fall on the same day; an associate must be available on two separate days (Saturday and Sunday).
Our Mission Around Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We firmly believe that working in a culture focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion spurs innovation, creates healthy and high-performing teams, and delivers superior customer experiences. We will create and nurture a global company culture where we confidently bring our authentic selves to work every day: where the only criteria for advancement are the quality of our work, the contributions we make to our teams and the business, and our ability to lead; and where our individual differences-whatever they may be-are valued, explored and appreciated.
Benefits Just for You
Depending on your position and your location, here are a few highlights of what you might be eligible for:
· A generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc. brands
· A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
· A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and emotional health
· Paid vacations and holidays (full-time)
· Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including same-sex domestic partner benefits (full-time)
Your Journey in Continued Learning
· Individual development plans and career pathing conversations
· Annual performance appraisals
· Cross-brand and cross-functional career opportunities
· Online learning opportunities through brand specific resources and WSI University
· Leadership development opportunities
WSI will not now or in the future commence an immigration case or “sponsor” an individual for this position (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
San Francisco Locations:
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
About Us: Our Company
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams Sonoma, Williams Sonoma Home, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn teen, pottery barn kids, Rejuvenation, Mark & Graham, west elm, or Outward. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We’ve seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn’t changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we’re a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing – and we’re always looking for new energy and ideas.
Apply for the job now!