Job title: Warehouse/Receiver (Suncor Top Shop)
Expected salary: $43.59 per hour
Location: Fort McMurray, AB
Warehouse/Receiver (Suncor Top Shop) Job Details:
NACG is looking for a Warehouse/Receiver to work on a remote mining site in the Fort McMurray area. You must be well-organized and favor safety above everything else.
For this role, NACG offers a combined gross rate of up to $43.59/hour as well as room for growth!
Where You’ll Be Working
- Site: Suncor Top Shop
- Schedule: 14×14 (days) – 12 hours (paid for 11.5 hours), rotating days and nights
- Accommodations: Camp is not provided.
- Overtime: Overtime paid time and a half after 8 hours in a day or 44 hours in a week
- Hourly Rate: Up to $43.59
- Transportation: Bussing provided from Fort McMurray to site (before and after shifts)
What’s In It for You?
Benefits are important and we offer lots!
- Up to a combined rate of pay of $43.59/ hour
- Vacation and Statutory Holiday pay allocated to each paycheck
- Earn up to 61 hours of overtime per 14-day rotation
- Night shift premium
- Paid weekly
- Membership with one of the largest IUOE locals in North America
- Benefits and pension after 400 hours worked, including medical and dental benefits
- Transportation to and from site, save on gas expenses!
- PPE provided, just bring your own CSA certified steel toed boots
- Room for growth and future advancements
We are proud to work with the International Union of Operating Engineers Local 955. Successful candidates will become a part of that union.
What You’ll Be Doing
- General warehouse duties: organizing parts and supplies.
- Receiving parts and organizing inventory.
- Keep sea cans clean and organized.
- Unload and load orders.
- Look up stock in our inventory software.
- Picking supplies.
- Maintain good housekeeping and orderliness in the warehouse and in the receiving area.
- Ensure the warehouse is a safe work environment and all shipping and receiving processes and procedures are adhered to.
What Makes You the ONE
- Minimum 1 year warehouse materials handling experience in a distribution setting or similar environment
- Minimum 1 years of operating experience with various fork-lift(s).
- Prior experience using an inventory management system
- Industrial construction and/or mining experience preferred.
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written.
- High school diploma, GED, and/or post-secondary education is considered an asset.
If you are chosen to move forward in our hiring process for a site-based role, you will be asked to provide the following: * Provide a valid Class 5 Driver’s License and ability to provide a recent Driver’s Abstract
- Valid CSO
- Be subject to Random Testing at: Suncor, Suncor Fort Hills and Kearl sites
- Undergo and successfully pass the following pre-employment testing:
- Breath Alcohol Test
- Urine Drug Test
- Fitness-to-Work Health Assessment
- Audiometric Testing
- Vision Screening
- Criminal Record Check
Once dispatched the following processes will occur: * Will receive a call from NACG to set up all required pre-employment testing
- An email will be sent with all required New Hire Paperwork to be filled out
- After all results and paperwork are received by NACG, candidates will be contacted by Site Admin to schedule orientation and confirm your start date and other site-specific details
Please note: The onboarding process can take anywhere from 3-8 business days.
Shift, site, and start times are subject to change.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE, SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED VIA PHONE OR EMAIL.
NACG in a Nutshell
North American Construction Group (NACG) has served as an industry leader in the heavy construction and mining industries for over 65 years. In that time, we’ve proven ourselves as a safe and reliable contractor who can complete projects of any size and scope. We’ve also taken a number of bold steps forward to broaden our footprint, expanding to mines outside our provincial borders, and providing third-party maintenance services to clients and customers.
In addition to providing employees with rewarding careers, North American has a whole lot more to offer:
- Significant Growth –As a company, NACG is rapidly expanding, and has practically doubled in size over the past year alone.
- Long Term Contracts – With over $1 billion dollars in contracted work booked through 2023, NACG can provide long term employment solutions and numerous opportunities for advancement.
- Commitment To Safety – With a top tier record for safety performance, NACG is dedicated to ensuring that everyone gets home safe, and constantly strives for a goal zero performance.
- Competitive Compensation – NACG provides competitive compensation packages for all employees.
- Attractive Benefits Package – With a substantial benefits package provided to all employees, NACG ensures that you are covered for life’s many surprises.
- GRRSP Matching – As you begin your new career, you can also start planning for the future thanks to NACG’s GRRSP matching.
- Safety focused – An exceptional leader in committing to a safe work environment by promoting personal safety amongst the workforce and continually improving our HSE systems. Everybody gets home safe!
North American Construction Group is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels safe, valued, and respected. We recognize the talent, perspective, and creative force that diverse groups of people generate, and we encourage all people to express interest with us especially those from marginalized and underrepresented groups who might hesitate before applying. If you require accommodation in submitting interest on a role or throughout our interview process, please email us at to ask for assistance.
North American Construction Group acknowledges that we perform work on the Traditional Treaty 6 and 8 Territories, home to the Cree, Dene, Blackfoot, Saulteaux and Nakota Sioux, and the Metis. We encourage members of those and all traditional lands to apply with us.
Become a member of the North American family today!