Job title: Warehouse Technician I
Company: All Weather Windows
Location: Edmonton, AB
Warehouse Technician I Job Details:
As Canadas’s largest privately-owned window and door manufacturer, we are one of the most recognizable names in the industry. Founded in 1978, All Weather Windows operates 8 locations across the country and 2 manufacturing plants. All Weather Windows has been named to Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies. We are currently recruiting for a Warehouse Workers to join our Plant 3 Manufacturing team.
The Warehouse Worker is responsible materials handling and inventory control. The materials handling function includes activities such as storage, order picking, issuing, shipping, receiving, stocking shelves, sorting, crating, salvage, and product returns.
The ideal candidate will bring a proven track record in a warehouse setting and demonstrated multitasking ability in a multi-cultural workforce. They will bring knowledge of warehouse and lean manufacturing in the manufacturing industry.
Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, the Warehouse Worker responsibilities will include:
- Put-away and picking of inventoried material required to full fill customer orders.
- Placing and storing wagons in appropriate warehousing space.
- Organizing product within the warehouse.
- Moving wagons to shipping for packing and crating.
- Participating in the wall-to-wall and cycle physical inventory counts, as required.
- Ensuring the outside storage locations are maintaining and kept orderly.
- Performing general housekeeping and organization of the warehouse and shipping/receiving docks.
- Maintaining building walk ways to ensure they can be safety used (e.g. shoveling snow and apply ice melt).
- Performing a visual quality assurance inspection of products prior to shipping.
- Wrapping and protecting the product for shipping.
- Packing product on L- and A-frames or other storage device, as required.
- Assisting drivers in loading trucks, as needed.
- Building wooden crates, filling in the gaps around product with soft pad material to protect the product and glass, closing crate with wood.
- Receiving materials and products from suppliers, product returns and transfers from other AWW locations.
- Unloading materials from trailers.
- Trouble shooting in the event of incorrect shipments and damage products, which includes, but is not limited to, gathering details related to the shipment and notifying the Warehouse Operations Supervisor.
- Performing waste disposal and recycling tasks.
· A high school diploma or GED is preferred.
· Forklift certification is required
· Warehousing experience is an asset.
Apply for the job now!