Job title: Warehouseperson – Sparwood, B.C
Company: Teck Resources
Location: Parksville, BC
Warehouseperson – Sparwood, B.C Job Details:
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.
Closing Date: August 31, 2023
Teck is currently accepting applications for the position of Red Seal Warehouseperson. Teck recruits proactively to build a talent pool for current and/or future opportunities.
Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, the Warehouseperson is responsible for the receipt, secure storage, and proper issue of materials and supplies required for operations.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Ship, receive and securely store materials
- Perform duties such as: setting min/max levels, picking and filling orders, cycle and inventory counts
- Operate warehouse equipment in a safe manner including industrial forklifts
- Perform heavy lifting in a safe manner
- Ensure the safe and productive completion of warehouse storage related projects and requirements in a fast-paced environment
- Identify opportunities to streamline business processes
- Valid Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyperson’s Warehouseperson, Partsperson, or equivalent certification
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong understanding of warehousing functions
- The ability to quickly master a materials management system
- Able to multi-task and meet challenges directly
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Previous experience in a mining or industrial environment is considered an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite® including Dynamics AX will be considered a strong asset
- We offer the chance to live and work in the Rocky Mountains, where year round recreational activities such as hunting, fishing, skiing, snowmobiling, and biking are unlimited. Our tradespeople work an attractive 4 x 4 days and nights shift schedule, allowing for plenty of work/life balance. Add to this, challenging work assignments and excellent opportunities for career and professional growth with Canada’s largest diversified resource company and we think you’ll find what you’re looking for.
Permanent full-time tradespeople are offered a competitive compensation package that includes:
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan including but not limited to medical, dental and vision
- Retirement Package
- Two Annual Bonus Plans
- Trades Retention Bonus
- Relocation Assistance
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Healthy Lifestyle Account
Apply for the job now!