Job title: Manager, Talent Attraction (Potash)
Location: Saskatoon, SK
Manager, Talent Attraction (Potash) Job Details:
Pay Band: J
At Nutrien, our purpose is Feeding the Future and we do so with safety, inclusion, integrity and results as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien is a leading provider of agricultural products, services, and solutions. With nearly 25,000 employees world-wide, we are the largest producer of potash (by capacity) and one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen and phosphate. We also operate a leading agriculture retail network that services over 500,000 growers globally.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, act with integrity, and who support inclusion.
Working at Nutrien will provide you an opportunity to help us raise the expectation of what an agriculture company can be and grow your career.
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Reporting to the Director, Talent Attraction & Sourcing (NPKC), the Manager, Talent Attraction (Potash) is an experienced recruitment leader who will design, implement, and deliver talent of all levels to Nutrien. The Manager will partner with the Talent Attraction & Sourcing Team to deliver the right talent to a dedicated business unit in a consistent, efficient, and effective manner while ensuring a unique candidate experience is provided. This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated recruitment leader to work with a first-class organization in a fast-paced recruiting environment.
What you will do:
- Actively support the implementation of the organization’s business priorities by delivering top talent to the business
- Partner with the business and internal HR subject matter experts to provide a flawless recruitment experience for all stakeholders
- Lead a team of recruitment professionals, and possibly contractors, and provide data, guidance, and coaching on how to maximize efficiency and create consistency across functional talent pools and geographies
- Lead and participate in key company and/or HR Projects for the organization outside of the day-to-day recruitment operations
- Day-to-day leadership and scheduling of team resources to meet the emerging recruitment needs across the business
- Partner, implement, and deliver on Talent Attraction initiatives resulting in extensive, diverse, and qualified talent for Nutrien
- Work with multiple internal and external (staffing agencies) stakeholders to create consistency within the screening and selection process by level and business unit (screening tools, interviews, and required assessment tools)
- Plan procedures for improving candidate and hiring manager experience
- Communicate and strategize with the team to meet hiring needs based on employee hiring forecast
- Deliver candidate and internal stakeholder satisfaction surveys and workshops to ensure all stakeholder needs are met and exceeded throughout the hiring process
- Manage and adhere to Talent Attraction & Sourcing budget
- Create fluid special teams to increase recruitment resources as required for urgent/special recruitment requirements
- Work with the Manager, Campus & University Relations to schedule team to actively participate in career and college fairs, military recruitment, and similar events as required
- Measure, audit, and communicate recruitment performance to various audiences
- Develop and implement continuous improvement initiatives for core process and recruitment brand consistency across Nutrien
- Create and implement consistent communication mechanisms to HR Business Partners and leaders for all open recruitment requirements
- Partner with HR Solution Center to ensure overall end-to-end recruitment process and regular reporting is consistent, effective, and meet the needs of the organization
- Train new and existing Talent Attraction & Sourcing Team members on required processes, system usage, and maintenance and measure accordingly
- Oversee daily tracking in the applicant tracking system (ATS) of Diversity & Inclusion recruitment metrics
What you will bring:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (both verbal and written) and the ability to listen effectively
- Ability to analyze and interpret recruitment data and educate recruiters on techniques and practices to create efficiencies and effectiveness in their recruitment processes
- Ability to design and implement processes
- Project management skills put into action to lead small to medium size projects on time and budget, leveraging the appropriate tools and templates
- Technically oriented with an ability to navigate applicant tracking systems and identify opportunities for efficiencies
- Proactive and highly results-oriented
- Exceptional presentation and public speaking skills
- Ability to motivate and inspire others
- Sense of ownership and pride in team performance and its impact on the company’s success – Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Thorough recruitment management/lead experience in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Experience in search, corporate and manufacturing recruitment environments (mining, chemical processing environments preferred)
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Human Resources, or a related discipline preferred (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- A minimum of 5+ years in a leadership capacity within the recruitment industry
- Subject matter expert in staffing policies and processes while maintaining knowledge of equal employment opportunity regulations in multiple countries
- Knowledge of industry recruitment trends to ensure compliance with all recruitment guidelines and assist the recruitment team in adhering to performance standards
- Experience in supporting senior leadership levels (leaders and candidates) through the recruitment cycle
- Experience with the successful and strategic use of various social media and search tools
- Experience in delivering successful recruitment strategies that span across more than one location or vertical talent group
- Ability to travel as required up to 20%
- Knowledge and experience in the use of sourcing methods for hard-to-fill roles
- In-depth knowledge of full-cycle recruiting and employer branding techniques
- Experience with Success Factors, ATS, Sourcing and Recruitment Marketing tools
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
This job will remain posted until filled. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: , and
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran
GROW WITH US – BUSINESS UNIT
At Nutrien, we never stop growing, because our world never does. Our size can help us weather a storm, but with that ability comes a great responsibility—to our growers and customers, our employees and shareholders, our communities, and the planet.
Not Ready To Apply?
Stay connected by joining our network and we’ll keep you informed about upcoming events and opportunities that match your interests.
Apply for the job now!