Job title: Agriculture & Horticulture Workers
Company: Red Earth Farms
Location: Waikerie, SA
Agriculture & Horticulture Workers Job Details:
Undertakes propagation, cultivation, harvest and processing of crops in a productions horticulture environment. The work will be undertaken in both an indoor facility, outdoor farm setting and vineyard.
The successful candidate will need to be experienced in the following duties.
- Prepare growing media and suitable trays, pots and containers.
- Undertake the seeding of both scions & rootstock melons allowing the correct timing between both seeding scions & rootstock adjusting this timing to the relevant seasonal temperature.
- Prepare and apply pesticide and weedicide to crops.
- Undertake irrigation, fertigation, and fumigation activities.
- Maintain soil, hydroponic, plant, treatment, and yield records.
- Undertake transport and logistics tasks for delivery of sales stock.
- Operate horticulture machinery and equipment to clear and cultivate land, sow and harvest crops, process, and pack crops.
- Ensure relevant equipment and machinery is maintained.
- Manage the team of workers with daily tasks.
The successful candidate will need to have the following skills.
- Minimum of 2 years experience horticulture
- Experience in melon, pumpkins, and garlic essential
- Must have a forklift licence.
- Experience managing and directing a team.
- Fluent in English and Indonesian essential
Also, check out other jobs in South Australia