Job title: Groundskeeper
Company: Northview Fund
Location: Yellowknife, NT
Groundskeeper Job Details:
At Northview, we are a passionate, community-focused team dedicated to making our properties the best they can be. We are proud to live, work, and play in the neighborhoods we serve, next to our residents, hotel guests and commercial tenants across Canada.
We are looking for a Groundskeeper to join our Residential team in Yellowknife, NT. Reporting to the Facilities Manager, you will make sure that Northview’s buildings show pride of ownership and respect for our residents by ensuring that the grounds and buildings are maintained, in good repair, with pleasant curb appeal.
- Ensuring safety of common areas, and complying with Northview’s Health and Safety requirements
- Maintain lawns, shrubs, trees, and flower beds (Includes pruning, raking, mowing grass, fertilizing, weeding control)
- Moving furniture, equipment, materials and supplies including clearing of vacant suites as necessary, including loading and unloading materials and delivering to properties
- Snow removal and ice control from all entrances/exits and walkways as required
- Delivery of notices to building residents & posting of notices in common areas where applicable required
- Maintain clean vacant lots, keeping grounds free of debris
- Maintain tools and equipment
- Maintain company vehicle where applicable
- Assisting with suite renovations and other upgrades
- Resident Services and assistance as required and maintaining good resident relations
- Assisting with the implementation of preventative maintenance programs
- Other duties relating to upkeep of buildings and grounds as assigned
- Previous experience working outdoors doing manual labour, in diverse weather conditions an asset
- Proven ability to work productively and safely while under pressure, with good time management
- Previous training/experience using Bobcat equipment an asset, but not required
- Good customer service skills and pleasant demeanor, and an ability to speak and write English
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Work weekends if necessary
If your background matches the qualifications listed above and you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the communities we serve, please submit your resume in confidence to . Please note, only those candidates chosen to continue through the selection process will be contacted. Northview welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Apply for the job now!