Job Position: Agriculture Investor Sixth Street
Table of Contents
Sixth Street Agriculture:
Sixth Street Agriculture seeks to make long-term investments in yielding agriculture and agribusiness assets.
Our seasoned team develops themes and partners with local farm operators to execute our investment strategy while seeking to utilize the latest advances in sustainable farming and efficient land use.
This is a full-time investing role based in San Francisco.
This person will be part of the Agriculture Team and be responsible for leading financial underwriting/deals analysis across relevant investment opportunities and integrating assets into our ecosystem of operating partners and technical services teams.
- Conduct bottom-up property and asset diligence to develop an informed view of risks and value, and engaging with farming partners and technical services teams to make property level operating decisions
- Lead in screening new investment opportunities and closing transactions
- Help to negotiate purchase and partnership terms
- Source new investment opportunities in agriculture and agribusiness
- Develop relationships with new operating partners and deal origination channels
- Partner with the broader Ag team and broader Sixth Street investing platforms as needed
- Aid in specific day-to-day farm and agribusiness operations of the group
- 8+ years of experience working in agriculture or agribusiness focused investments, private equity or real assets investing
- Strong academic record and bachelor’s degree required
- Highly motivated, entrepreneurial, and team-oriented candidates with proven underwriting, valuation analysis and closing deals experience
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate new business relationships
- Commercial and Results Orientation
- Team orientation and influencing skills
- High Trust and Integrity
- Strategic / Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Strong combination of organizational and interpersonal/communication skills
- Self-starter who requires little direction
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure in a high-volume environment
- Strong sense of urgency; ability to execute quickly and efficiently with strong attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams
- Comfort working in a high growth, iterative environment